Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Would have pissed that game with Walker on the pitch.
Totally agree. Walker is a huge player for us against pacy and aggressive teams like Leeds. He seems to be very under-rated generally. I think he has played the best football of his career this season. He is also a leader on the field.

Still say mendy more than the others
To be fair to Mendy his career has been destroyed by two horrific injuries. He looked great at Monaco and in his early games for us. He wasn't a bad signing just someone who has now lost his pace which was his biggest attribute. Sadly his level is now well below the PL standard and he will be very hard to sell to any other club.

Pep played a weakened side - no surprise there with 2 ' bigger ' games coming up this week in Dortmund and Chelsea. Once again, we dominated the game but didn't make it count - 28 odd attempts and only 1 goal is poor. I didn't think Leeds were that good; we made them look better at times especially in the first half down our left hand side although the more the game wore on, the better we were. The disappointments for me were 1) they scored from their first effort on target and 2) we still lost having played against 10 men for 45 minutes. They broke a few times in the first half and looked quite good but their lack of quality showed with the final pass or once they got in the final third. Second half, they went more defensive of course to counter having one less man. Their 'keeper player well although 6 shots on target from 28 attempts is poor. I thought that it would end up 1 - 1 after our goal although we wanted to win it more than they did. The break away happens and I don't think the performance as a whole was that bad but we should be beating teams like Leeds. Clearly we need a top class striker to finish of the chances we create. Bad day at the office but out of the games this week, that's the one I'd want to lose have we to lose 1 game. I'm confident of better performances - and outcomes - in the next two games..........................

It's things like "out of position Zinchenko" that makes me not take you seriously at all. Zinny played his natural midfield position better than any time he's played as a LB all season, so let's put that to bed.

And that chance you talk about came from a counter attack when everyone pushed up. Explain to me who, other than Walker that doesn't play on the left, would have caught Rafinha?

It's a nonsense argument.

IF Pep has got this right, we lose this battle to win the overall war and I think he calculated for such based off the previous game against Leeds vs finishing off Dortmund for the semi-final.
Not too bothered if you take me seriously or not. You’re just a fan as I am.

Zinchenko in acCity-team is not a natural there. Simple. And he didn’t play bad, but that’s looking at individuals. Peps team strongest assets are how the team play in total. And that my friend is exactly what wasn’t to be expected for the reasons I earlier stated.
And while you’re probably Pep in disguise, tell me what the 20 hour study of Leeds was all about when you come out with a starting 11 that was never gonna play fluently high tempo football. As in the main reason why we did play poorly. As a team.

Post restart players were rested. This is at the end of a long season.
The play the best eleven every game mob are tiresome. We’d be out of contention for every competition at this stage with that approach.
So out of touch and dinosaurish
I know but they just can't see any sense and think we have to win every game. We're after multiple trophies which means we have to sacrifice a few games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.