Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Very sensible post mate.
Mendy is an accident waiting to happen.
He has no pace and is totally useless as a defender.
Offensively he offers very little and 9 out of 10 crosses are hit so hard even Kun in his pride would have stood zero chance of getting on the end of one.
I am sure his injuries have take their toll on him but he has had many opportunities to prove himself and repeatedly failed.
He’s probably the worst signing made in the Guardiola era with regard to return for investment and the sooner the club hierarchy accepts he is never going to be the player he was when we signed him the better for the team.
We cannot afford to carry players and he has to go. Please!
Sterling being No 1

Totally agree. Walker is a huge player for us against pacy and aggressive teams like Leeds. He seems to be very under-rated generally. I think he has played the best football of his career this season. He is also a leader on the field.
Whenever the team is pushed up the pitch, Walker defends against the breakaway almost single -handedly and i cannot recall anyone getting the better of him. He mops up with ease.

Bayern did not have the choice to play anything else because of a small squad and injuries. They even had to play players that had problems the day before. And - as Demichelis' U23 is fighting for staying in the 3rd league (what is very important for the club's talent development and we needed 8 years to get back from 4th into 3rd and there is 5 fourth leagues that fight for 3 spots going up) Bayern could not just take the best under 23s.

Bayern started with a Kimmich/Müller double pivot with Dantas as no. 10 who is great on the ball but has the physics of a U15 player. He actually did pretty fine - better than I have seen him in the matches he did for the U23.

Flick said after the match that he wanted to give Kimmich and Müller atleast a 20 minute rest at the end of the match - but as other players had problems he could not. Kimmich ran 12.8 km Saturday against Leipzig, probably not less atleast not less intensive against PSG and 13.1 km yesterday. We only have 6 days between both PSG matches - not 8. And play the teams ranked 2nd and 3rd in the league away directly before and after the PSG matches.
If Bayern had been behind Leipzig or on equal points, would they have started with that lineup? I'm not so sure. Do you think KdB, Mahrez, Gundo were in good shape before the Leeds game knowing how much they'd played since Jan?
Point is City now have a big advantage over Dortmund in terms of physicality. I fully expect us to go out & grind them down in Germany.
We have a mental block at QF stage, everyone knows it. But this is exactly why you don't want to add fatigue on top of it.
When we lost against Leeds, we created a mental need to "bounce back". If you have been winning too many games, in fact you might have the burden of "continuing the run" or complacency might creep in. We've lost so many CL kncokouts despite good form in the league that it almost feels like a league loss would be a better preparation than a win.

We were shit yesterday. I am only talking about that specific performance not the team in general. I cannot accept a defeat in that manner. If you can fair play.
I kind of saw it coming yesterday and that was before ko.
As alluded to up-thread, wednesdays game picked yesterdays team (as expected) and when manager and players have one eye on that it follows that an organised and determined unit (Leeds) have a good chance of turning us over.
Yes, losing it shit, and losing against ten men is even shitter but it was 90 minutes in a season where we have been simply phenomenal. I can most certainly accept the defeat with good grace and without the need to think the end of the world is nigh.

Maybe, with Phil playing so well, its the first time Sterling has to plY for his place. Trying to impress is not suiting him.
Sterling has gone backwards for the best part of a year, he needs to wake up or he will have no future at this club.

Whenever the team is pushed up the pitch, Walker defends against the breakaway almost single -handedly and i cannot recall anyone getting the better of him. He mops up with ease.
He's the most undervalued player at the club, still have him over Cancelo, the latter looked good during this run but the last month has been found out by the opposition and it shows in his form.

Very true, against fast direct teams he is the man, missing against United and dirty Leeds and we paid the price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.