Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

There's a bird nesting near my house, and every time it tweets, it sounds like the word 'Leeds'.

I told my partner last week, she didn't believe me until she heard it herself, and was amazed.

“If we lose on Wednesday how is it related to yesterday?” Come again????

We lost yesterday because the squad players did not step up in the absence of our match winners. The gamble has been taken to ensure progression on Wednesday. If we don’t beat Dortmund then the decision to rest key players has not worked. Throwing away points because we have a decent lead is not a good argument.

Rotating 7 players was the wrong decision based on the match result. Dysfunctional performance and poor squad players = no points.
If we don’t win the league then you can complain that we threw the points versus Leeds

I trust the man totally. But when he gets it wrong ... he gets it WRONG!!
First, I'm happy to hear that you also trust him, "totally", and it means that you already have confidence in his decision; hence asking whether I have confidence in his decision is not necessary.

Second, hope you recognize that there's a difference between team selection and result: team selection badly doesn't always get the team to lose, and good team selection doesn't always get the team to win.
Btw, this is xG: https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/english-premier-league/man-city-vs-leeds-2021-04-10/70669 (Man City 2.56 - 0.09 Leeds)

Last edited:
Read quite a few newspaper reports and all said a ' deserved victory for Leeds'
Now I know I am slightly biased but did they really deserve it?
Did they play better than us?
Did they have lots of efforts on goal?
Did Cooper pull Stones shirt in the box?
Yes they defended well after rightly going down to 10 men but deserved to win?
Also brave should never be used when describing someone just playing football.

Some of the people on this thread really need some fucking perspective. The game against Leeds yesterday was totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I would have been more pissed off if Pep had started our first team and we won rto be honest, considering we have one of the most important games in Peps time at the club this week.

The focus for this period has to be beating Dortmund, end of discussion.

Pep played a weakened side - no surprise there with 2 ' bigger ' games coming up this week in Dortmund and Chelsea. Once again, we dominated the game but didn't make it count - 28 odd attempts and only 1 goal is poor. I didn't think Leeds were that good; we made them look better at times especially in the first half down our left hand side although the more the game wore on, the better we were. The disappointments for me were 1) they scored from their first effort on target and 2) we still lost having played against 10 men for 45 minutes. They broke a few times in the first half and looked quite good but their lack of quality showed with the final pass or once they got in the final third. Second half, they went more defensive of course to counter having one less man. Their 'keeper player well although 6 shots on target from 28 attempts is poor. I thought that it would end up 1 - 1 after our goal although we wanted to win it more than they did. The break away happens and I don't think the performance as a whole was that bad but we should be beating teams like Leeds. Clearly we need a top class striker to finish of the chances we create. Bad day at the office but out of the games this week, that's the one I'd want to lose have we to lose 1 game. I'm confident of better performances - and outcomes - in the next two games..........................

Some of the people on this thread really need some fucking perspective. The game against Leeds yesterday was totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I would have been more pissed off if Pep had started our first team and we won rto be honest, considering we have one of the most important games in Peps time at the club this week.

The focus for this period has to be beating Dortmund, end of discussion.
for you maybe .
Pep got everything wrong he could get wrong yesterday . not for the first time .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.