Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

i hope we go out otherwise we will . not interested in the CL. it's all about the title .

Was going to say utd are not interested too, but they are absolutely desperate along with Liverpool to see us get knocked out of the CL.so they have an interest in a different way.
We've won the league, so not too worried about today.
Weds is the bigger game this week,

Ok cooled down now. Really hope lessons learnt.

Now on to Wednesday - with our fully rested players!

Hopefully mate, i was ok with that side today.........i wasn't ok with the players performance though, that's on them imo, not Pep
Fair enough, I'm the same but only in the context of when it went to 10 men we should be winning. Prior to the game the result didn't matter as long as he picked a team in mind for Dortmund.

You are talking like it was unusual for us. We make 5,6,7 changes every week. But nobody says a word when we win 27 out of 28 and then they pipe up when one game has a freak score. The xG was 2.41 - 0.1. Nothing to worry about, we move on to Dortmund.

The reason we are top of the league, have had a stunning run of form and are still fighting on four fronts is because we were never as bad as people made us out to be last season or early on this season and that applies today.

What we do have is a a few bad habits, if you will, that crop up when we lose; some of which is just law of averages: you will have days when the ball just won't go in and you will sometimes get caught on the break or make defensive mistakes or catch a team on a day when they score with (almost) every attempt. On days when those things combine, we lose.

We have done a lot to combat the problem of conceding on the counter attack but today made at least three consecutive errors (now unusual) on their first goal and went to sleep on their second, that was the biggest sin of the day.

In the summer, we need to make two or three transfer moves that genuinely raise the quality in the team and that will help raise other players' games; especially if we buy a clinical finisher. It's on the club to give Pep that boost to this squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.