Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Don’t really blame pep today. Yes it was a weakened team with Wednesday in mind but it’s not his fault that we are just not clinical.

Sterling? Yes he’s scored plenty for us. But again missed a guilt edged chance to put us ahead. Shocking performance again from him. Been poor for over a year imo.

On to Wednesday. Let’s hope peps gamble pays off.

Should we have won? Yes.

Is it a disaster? No

Is there a massive amount of over reaction? 100%

Are there a load of fanny's amongst us? Without doubt.
It’s probably not a disaster but goes to show that some of these players didn’t seem to give a shit that we were losing and don’t wanna get back into the team. Can’t afford to have any dossers if we’re going for 4 trophies

why are some posters saying "oh well we could afford to lose that one" - another couple of defeats and we could collapse at the end.
Not over by a long chalk.
It isn't! We needed someone at the back with a measure of pace and either Foden or KdB in the middle for half a game. Pep sez he watched Leeds games for 20hrs or 20hrs of video - he missed a couple of minutes!

i got stick on here for saying sterling mendy jesus would not turn up and not give 100% today for missing out on starting champions league game midweek

You don’t really believe that do you?

Granted Mendy is a professional passenger but that’s true for all games.

Pep may have picked the wrong side but the side he picked created 29 chances and managed to convert only 1 of them, problem wasn't the 11 it was our fucking finishing again :(
You do wonder sometimes whether we actually practice finishing in training - there was a ten minute spell in the second half when they were inviting us to shoot from 20 yards and we just never looked like scoring from any of the shots.

We need a big injection of attacking quality in the summer, and somebody who can actually run at a defence and break through their line.

Today’s game is the sort that Yaya often used to win on his own.

You can still get 250/1 on United to win it if you genuinely think we could blow it from here.
Not a chance I don't even think they'll come close enough to put any pressure on. Looking at the run in I think there's a chance we might not need another point. Their current points per game puts them on 76 though, so just to be safe, get a couple of wins and it's done.

it has a feel of the 11/12 season for me - even though that was good for us.
It could work out the opposite way this time.

To be honest pal I think we will win the league mate, but obviously your entitled to your opinion and I respect that, its what this forum should be about just a shame so many on here are really sensitive.

I will be very surprised if it anything else as Mendy and Cancelo both unconvincing today. Teams seem to have worked out how to deal with Cancelo's forays into midfield and rendered him less effective. Caught out badly for the first goal today as well.
Agree about Cancelo, teams have sussed him, the only way it works is him at RB and Zin at LB, teams can't stop both FB at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.