Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

Good result that after Liverpool and the World Cup.

I thought the referee was fucking awful tonight. Some of the fouls on Grealish were a disgrace and just went unpunished. I'm convinced that refs just think he's there to be kicked and if the same was happening to other players, they would be fouls. It's like the refs just accept he gets kicked, it's ridiculous. That little **** Tonto or whatever he was called needing a good hiding after going up to him. What a joke that little fart was - if you're 5 foot on your tippy toes, keep your mouth shut or it will be shut for you.

I can't make my mind up on Grealish though. I thought he had a good game overall tonight. He's obviously a very good player and he did well at times, but he just doesn't look like someone who turns games. I'm not a huge Mahrez or Cancelo fan, but I appreciate that these players can - and have - turned games and this is what Grealish lacks. He's never had a "moment" for us and I just don't see him doing it to be honest. He's also now in his peak and unless he's able to move into the middle, he's never going to make it at City because Foden is better in his place. If he was still 24 or so, I'd understand why we'd bought him but he looks a bit ... aimless to me. He doesn't know what he's doing, or why he's being asked to do it. I like him as a player, but I just think he's not a player we need.

I was surprised by Haaland getting MOTM. I thought he had a relatively 'poor' game - incredible how he can have a poor game and only get 2 and if he'd had his shooting boots on he'd have had 5 easily. His standard is now so impossibly high that I feel he's only had a good game if he gets a hat-trick! :) He's easily the best striker I've ever seen and he'll make mincemeat out of every single goalscoring record in this league.

KdB was MOTM for me, he was everywhere and constantly causing Leeds problems. However, I also thought Gundogan, Rodri and Ake did well. Rodri is just immense isn't he? He just ticks us over. Special mention as well to Lewis who played the inverted full back role (I think it's called that!) brilliantly. I bet that young lad hasn't done that often in training. My only gripe with him is that he took a yellow for pulling Tonto's shirt, when he should've just nailed the little fucker from behind. Anyway, he only did the foul because he was pushed over off the ball for no reason and no foul being given by the inept ref just seconds before - SURPRISE, SURPRISE. He did really well though and given time he will look a very good player. When you think that Mahrez offered next to no protection, his performance was even better!

As for Leeds, they'll struggle this year. They looked 'plucky' more than anything and didn't really do anything other than try to foul Grealish to whip up the crowd. I'm sure the fans in Bellend Road liked it, but it's no way to play against us. They tried to counter us, but defensively they were really poor and we ripped them open enough times to get 10 on another day.

Anyway, we're back into the winning ways again against two potentially tricky teams!

COME ON CITY!

Grealish made the 2 goals that won us the game.

How much more “game turning” do you want?

Again that fella Rodri filled Ferno's boots. He even gets similar cheeky fouls in too. Totally run the middle of the park Again CTID
He was excellent again tonight. I remember when there were serious doubts about him due to his lack of pace/mobility, but he’s become one of our most important players. One of the first names on the team sheet.

Again that fella Rodri filled Ferno's boots. He even gets similar cheeky fouls in too. Totally run the middle of the park Again CTID
He has still a long way to go to fill Ferdy's boots when it comes to cheeky fouls. ;) It's got to be at least 3 flying elbows in a game without a booking to be considered in the Ferdy School of Dark Arts. :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.