Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

I thought the referee was fucking awful tonight. Some of the fouls on Grealish were a disgrace and just went unpunished. I'm convinced that refs just think he's there to be kicked and if the same was happening to other players, they would be fouls. It's like the refs just accept he gets kicked, it's ridiculous.
Does seem like Grealish is fair game for other players to just kick without refs doing anything to protect him. Happens in Europe too. Can see why he riles opposition fans and players, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a City player on the receiving end of so many bad calls.

Only watched it on the box. I thought Leeds were very, very poor. Also, if they continue to be as physical, they'll struggle with suspensions soon - I hope; the ref was very lenient tonight.

We dominated the game and could have had 7 or 8. Maybe Alvarez will be in soon to finish some of those missed chances as he is as clinical as anyone in the squad - and he works his socks off.

Thought KDB was excellent and Rico Lewis continues to shine. 3 points from a difficult away game with a hostile crowd and very hostile and nasty opponents, so, I'm happy enough.

I'm not going to dish any critical dirt. Squad rotation will happen from now on and I expect the next 2 games will show continual improvement. Arsenal have Brighton away and Newcastle at home, so, let's wait and see how the table looks this time next week.

Decent enough performance and a good 3 points. Onwards and upwards.
Leeds were shite. Definately one of the worst teams we have played so far. Heading for relegation if they don’t improve.

It's a joke Ric. It's literally every game where he gets taken out 3/4 times and all the ref gives is a foul if that. There was one pretty much in the centre just outside their area tonight which was a definitely foul and the ref waved it away. If that was Stones on one of their dickheads, it would be a foul and a card, easy.

Does seem like Grealish is fair game for other players to just kick without refs doing anything to protect him. Happens in Europe too. Can see why he riles opposition fans and players, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a City player on the receiving end of so many bad calls.
I don't want to be too harsh on Grealish because he did well to overcome his first half horror today; but he is definitely targeted in games and half of the reason for that is he gets up very cocky and starts smiling and laughing and attracts attention.

Navas and Bellamy used to be on the end of an enormous amount of bad calls and they were both similarly direct players.

Reactions: Ric
Impressed with Rico Lewis linking in with the midfield. He’s tenacious and has energy.

Could easily have scored twice as many but main thing was to win.

Lots of games coming up but we look like we are on it already, with whatever starting 11 is chosen.

All I can say is Kyle Walker must be a worried man at the moment.
Young Lewis seems to have his number.
Definitely this season’s find for Pep.
I still don't think Kyle has fully recovered from his ankle injury that's been causing him problems.

Rico definitely going to be our full back for the next 10 years or more hopefully. Pep will definitely rotate between Rico, Stones and Walker at right back with the amount of games from now until the end of the season.

Is it my imagination or do we play a lot of teams in the PL who just kick us whenever we have the ball ... then if they get the ball anywhere near our penalty area, fall over ?
And just hope the ref will keep letting them get away with it ... which they usually do.

I know City are incredibly good, but surely PL outfits full of international players on high wages should be showing a little more ambition and, well, skill ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.