Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

It's a joke Ric. It's literally every game where he gets taken out 3/4 times and all the ref gives is a foul if that. There was one pretty much in the centre just outside their area tonight which was a definitely foul and the ref waved it away. If that was Stones on one of their dickheads, it would be a foul and a card, easy.
You would hope that City are on to PGMOL about it, because it’s getting a bit out of hand. He probably does himself no favours at times, but refs should treat all players the same. Feels like there is a very different threshold when it comes to Grealish, and that’s not right.

He was excellent again tonight. I remember when there were serious doubts about him due to his lack of pace/mobility, but he’s become one of our most important players. One of the first names on the team sheet.
I doubted his lack of pace and mobility, I thought he wasn't suited to us or this league. But thankfully Rodri has come good and become one of our most important players. I'm delighted for him.

You would hope that City are on to PGMOL about it, because it’s getting a bit out of hand. He probably does himself no favours at times, but refs should treat all players the same. Feels like there is a very different threshold when it comes to Grealish, and that’s not right.
The fact that he bounces up laughing and gets on with it should make them more willing to protect him as they know they are not dealing with an actor that's been shot by an imaginary sniper. If it winds up other players (that have just fouled him) that's their problem not jack's.

Those weirdo freaks on the match thread wanking themselves into oblivion slagging Grealish off are not City fans.

His first half performance fully deserved some criticism, just as his second half deserved praise.
TBH, at half-time I said that Jack should've stayed with his Amazon job. Obviously the ref didn't help him but it definitely wasn't his best 45 minutes of football. Glad he proved me wrong in the 2nd half.

Don’t think so. Was named as a sub, so think it’s just rotation.

Hmm. I get that Akanji pleasantly surprised a lot of us when he first arrived. And I think he's proven himself to be a great value purchase who can hold his own when needed, but it seems a stretch for me to see him getting so many minutes ahead of world class CBs. Given Pep's supposed preference to have one left footed and and one right footed at CB, I'm surprised he was chosen ahead of Laporte.

Does seem like Grealish is fair game for other players to just kick without refs doing anything to protect him. Happens in Europe too. Can see why he riles opposition fans and players, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a City player on the receiving end of so many bad calls.
Remember this fixture last year folks when Stuart Dallas was kicking lumps out of Grealish.....it didn't end well did it. I remember Grealish complaining to the ref that Dallas hadn't been carded for at least one of the previous 3 abysmal challenges he'd done. The ref ignored Grealish and consequently gave Dallas the green light to carry on. His 4th reckless challenge resulted in a career threatening injury to himself which he's still out with now.
It's not only our players that need protecting but twats like Dallas and his ilk need protection from themselves. Atwell was a fucking joke tonight, it's about time these refs were brought to account for their actions, I'm fucking sick of it tbh, they're full time, there should be no excuses for incompetence, if the can't do the job properly then they should be fucked off..it's as simple as that.

Is it my imagination or do we play a lot of teams in the PL who just kick us whenever we have the ball ... then if they get the ball anywhere near our penalty area, fall over ?
And just hope the ref will keep letting them get away with it ... which they usually do.

I know City are incredibly good, but surely PL outfits full of international players on high wages should be showing a little more ambition and, well, skill ?
Gary Neville and all that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.