Leeds United (H) - Post-Match Thread

Jack is growing into the team, and the the thing he is learning that unlike at Villa he has to work as hard as everybody else. At Villa he got a free pass because he was their main man, at City if he doesn't work as hard as others he does not play. It happened with Mahrez, now look at him tackling back and closing down. The very best get the ethics of the game, yes we have special talents, but if you sign for us and watch Kev and Bernardo work their socks until the final whistle and if we are 5 nil up it sets a standard you have to reach to play. Kev was magnificent tonight, he is our new King Colin.

What i like is they all seem to love being in that competitive environment, they drive each other on and take a collective joy in each others achievements.

It has to be a fantastic environment to work in as you hear no moans, no complaints, when asked to play they are all ready and give everything they can. You see the bench celebrate as much as those on the pitch, it really is special and I believe we are possibly as good as we have ever been.

I love that we win playing beautiful football, for so many years we watched good, average and indifferent players wear our shirt. they mostly represented us with pride and I love them for that, now though we are in an era none of us should ever forget because its special, very very special.

On a side note I love Zincho, he epitomises us as a team, he is very talented, Ukraine's main man, yet for us he plays the role assigned to him, he fights for a place and he never lets us down, the lad should be in our proud tradition of having cult heroes, up there in the pantheon.
Why use all those words,when you could have just said. -
"CITY ARE FUCKING GREAT"!!!

I thought it was noticeable how aggressive our running was through the middle with the ball at our feet in the first half. Haven't seen that much this season. Think Leeds left the space there expecting us to build out wide and play the old switcheroo which we only did a couple of times.

Kevin was superb but Rodri! Mother of God! Silva has a fight on his hands to win player of the season.

7 didn't flatter us at all and I love how we run and run and run.
First paragraph bob on :-)

That young lad Shackleton that went off "injured" after 40 minutes...Was he really injured?
Grealish gave him the run around for 40 minutes, No wonder the kid had enough.

That was a thoroughly enjoyable performance. All the team played well, very fluid front three and midfield. Great to see so many different scorers too. Our goal difference looks a lot healthier now. KDB, Foden and Rhodri were all fantastic but as I said it was very much a superb team performance. Am sure I'll find it hard to sleep now though, thank goodness I am not in work tomorrow, still feel so excited about it all. Good crowd contribution tonight too, from both sides.
Sorry for being pedantic, but Rodri doesn't have an H in it and when it's spelt Rhodri it really bloody annoys me

Now go and write 'Rodri' two hundred times

Jack is growing into the team, and the the thing he is learning that unlike at Villa he has to work as hard as everybody else. At Villa he got a free pass because he was their main man, at City if he doesn't work as hard as others he does not play. It happened with Mahrez, now look at him tackling back and closing down. The very best get the ethics of the game, yes we have special talents, but if you sign for us and watch Kev and Bernardo work their socks until the final whistle and if we are 5 nil up it sets a standard you have to reach to play. Kev was magnificent tonight, he is our new King Colin.

What i like is they all seem to love being in that competitive environment, they drive each other on and take a collective joy in each others achievements.

It has to be a fantastic environment to work in as you hear no moans, no complaints, when asked to play they are all ready and give everything they can. You see the bench celebrate as much as those on the pitch, it really is special and I believe we are possibly as good as we have ever been.

I love that we win playing beautiful football, for so many years we watched good, average and indifferent players wear our shirt. they mostly represented us with pride and I love them for that, now though we are in an era none of us should ever forget because its special, very very special.

On a side note I love Zincho, he epitomises us as a team, he is very talented, Ukraine's main man, yet for us he plays the role assigned to him, he fights for a place and he never lets us down, the lad should be in our proud tradition of having cult heroes, up there in the pantheon.
So you thought it was ok then ?

It was a good run out for all going into the xmas period but Leeds were fucking atrocious. I don't think we should read into this too much other than a confidence booster for the players. I thought Mahrez looked hobbled tonight!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.