Leeds United (H) - Sat 6th May, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With five subs, go strong in the first 60 minutes then make changes.

We need to maintain match fitness, team cohesion, and a winning rhythm as much (if not more) than resting players ahead of our trip to Madrid, especially given RM’s poor form as of late.

The last thing we need is to lose or draw this match, both because it aids and encourages Arsenal in the title chase, and because RN will sniff blood and it could plant a bit of fear in the team that we’re falling off our exceptional form in the final stretch.

We need to make it so we can play fringe players in the final two matches of the season to actually rest the likes of Rodri, Dias, Stones, Grealish, and even Haaland shortly before the big finals.

As they say, winning is habit and we don’t want to break it now, especially as I am confident we can handle Madrid at home, so if we can bring back a decent lead I think we’ll have one boot in Istanbul (or wherever the final is ultimately held).

All of that said, in Pep I trust, so if he thinks we need to rest a few more than I reckon we should, then I will back his selection.

Mostly out of respect for being our manager, given he’s not really shown he knows much about football tactics. ;-)

Rodri needs a rest tomorrow and next week, we need him refreshed for the RM games.

I think Phillips should start this game, he needs to find his feet and rhythm at the beginning of the game. This game and everton next week are the type of games he was bought for imo.

Why is this match legitimately televised? 3pm on a Saturday and it’s on Sky Sports. Don’t recall seeing that before.

I know Rodri could do with a rest but i really hope Phillips doesn't start tomorrow.

Why is this match legitimately televised? 3pm on a Saturday and it’s on Sky Sports. Don’t recall seeing that before.
As it was originally penned in as a tv game it has to be a tv game. We couldny play any other time so the dark period was overruled. Rare, but thats City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.