Leeds United Thread - 2022/23

I wasn't 'having a go' at your real supporters and you should stop being so touchy. You're not the Real Man City anymore. You're a Plastic Smiley Club now. Your stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere .. you have a bottomless pit of money to spend on all the best players, like a cheat code on Football Manager.
Love it.

Cry to yer Mam you soft ****.

now fuck off.

I get asked a lot why I don't support Leeds. Revieist is a perfect example of why. It's impossible to talk football with Leeds fans. Unless it involves blowing smoke up their arse.

No doubt they have millions of fans, but they have and always will be only out in numbers for the good times. Just like the rugby league lot. I was brought up as Bradford over Leeds, my Dad and Grandad both Bradford Northern/Bulls who showed me the way that the Leeds Rugby lot were. Same as the football.

A lot of Leeds fans wetting the bed over the last few months. I've been soaking it up.

Fuck off.

Where is your justification for this view?

Leeds are probably the worst supported club in the country!

Leeds is a one club city and they are the biggest club in their region. Leeds probably boast the largest catchment area and potential fanbase of any club in England. Yet, Leeds are only 12th in England for all-time average attendance (25,768).

The combined highest attendances of all the other clubs outside City and United in the Manchester conurbation comes to over 75,000… City are not just competing with the biggest supported club in the world, City are also competing with countless other clubs, some of which have attendances not that far off Leeds at the same level (Bolton’s average attendance this season in the third tier is 18,814 and they’re only the third biggest club in our conurbation). Plus also in our region are Liverpool and Everton.

City are 8th in all-time average attendance (30,394).

As a one club city, Leeds are 22nd for all-time highest attendance in their own stadium (57,892). City are 1st (84,569) and probably have over 50 attendances above Leeds’ record.

As a one club city and in a stadium bigger than City’s at the time (Elland Road 37,792 v Maine Road 32,550), Leeds (23,813; 24,818; and 26,546) didn’t beat City’s (28,273 which was a record at that level) average attendance in the third tier despite the Rags winning the treble in the season City were in the third tier and two other Greater Manchester clubs being in a division above City (Bolton and Stockport). Leeds didn’t have a Leeds Rovers who were winning the treble or Farsley and anything like a Headingly County in the Championship when Leeds were in the third tier.

In the season both Leeds and Norwich got promoted from the third tier in 2010 Leeds only achieved an average attendance 167 higher than Norwich when Elland Road held 10,433 more. Yet Sunderland (another one-club city) are the only club to beat City’s average attendance at that level.

Also, here are some other recent average attendances in the second tier for Leeds: 21,572 in 2013; 22,446 in 2016.

City even averaged more than both of those when we only had three stands at Maine Road in 1994-95 after the Kippax was knocked down. And we never had any attendances as low as that in any season we were in the second tier or below from 1996 to 2002… and please don’t forget, Leeds is a one club city and they are the biggest club in their region.

From the move to the City of Manchester Stadium in 2003 to the Sheikh takeover in 2008, City only had one average attendance under 40,000 and that was 39,997 where we only scored 10 home goals all season and none from New Year’s Day onwards; and that is still higher than any average attendance Leeds United have ever had in their history.

Even in Leeds’ heyday of the 1970s, not once did they have an average attendance above 40,000. Whereas City were one of only four clubs who managed to get two consecutive average attendances above 40,000 in the 1970s, the other three clubs were United, Liverpool and Everton, all clubs in City’s region!
Brilliant

He brought a knife to a gun fight didn't he!

If only they hadn't let Milner go....
They had to because the club was nearly extincted by the idiots who gambled on Champions League football which spectacularly backfired which nearly bankrupted them and got them to League 1.

All the best players they produced always had to keep leaving because they needed the money and it made it easier for the big clubs to get them on the cheap.

Leeds is a one club city and they are the biggest club in their region. Leeds probably boast the largest catchment area and potential fanbase of any club in England. Yet, Leeds are only 12th in England for all-time average attendance (25,768).

The combined highest attendances of all the other clubs outside City and United in the Manchester conurbation comes to over 75,000… City are not just competing with the biggest supported club in the world, City are also competing with countless other clubs, some of which have attendances not that far off Leeds at the same level (Bolton’s average attendance this season in the third tier is 18,814 and they’re only the third biggest club in our conurbation). Plus also in our region are Liverpool and Everton.

As a one club city, Leeds are 22nd for all-time highest attendance in their own stadium (57,892). City are 1st (84,569) and probably have over 50 attendances above Leeds’ record.

As a one club city and in a stadium bigger than City’s at the time (Elland Road 37,792 v Maine Road 32,550), Leeds (23,813; 24,818; and 26,546) didn’t beat City’s (28,273 which was a record at that level) average attendance in the third tier despite the Rags winning the treble in the season City were in the third tier and two other Greater Manchester clubs being in a division above City (Bolton and Stockport). Leeds didn’t have a Leeds Rovers who were winning the treble or Farsley and anything like a Headingly County in the Championship when Leeds were in the third tier.

In the season both Leeds and Norwich got promoted from the third tier in 2010 Leeds only achieved an average attendance 167 higher than Norwich when Elland Road held 10,433 more. Yet Sunderland (another one-club city) are the only club to beat City’s average attendance at that level.

Also, here are some other recent average attendances in the second tier for Leeds: 21,572 in 2013; 22,446 in 2016.

City even averaged more than both of those when we only had three stands at Maine Road in 1994-95 after the Kippax was knocked down. And we never had any attendances as low as that in any season we were in the second tier or below from 1996 to 2002… and please don’t forget, Leeds is a one club city and they are the biggest club in their region.

From the move to the City of Manchester Stadium in 2003 to the Sheikh takeover in 2008, City only had one average attendance under 40,000 and that was 39,997 where we only scored 10 home goals all season and none from New Year’s Day onwards; and that is still higher than any average attendance Leeds United have ever had in their history.

Even in Leeds’ heyday of the 1970s, not once did they have an average attendance above 40,000. Whereas City were one of only four clubs who managed to get two consecutive average attendances above 40,000 in the 1970s, the other three clubs were United, Liverpool and Everton, all clubs in City’s region!

One successful spell in the whole history, under former City player Revie,and Sir Brian Clough was right about that period as well. A thoroughly nasty club on and off the pitch, no doubt the average attendance will fall back again now. Continue singing the Coventry City song and remember You are Leeds

I think he has been owned there. Bravo sir

A club and fanbase stuck in the 80's, sing more about the opposition than their own team. A decent atmosphere when we play them at home but they are a nothing club so it was never the same as utd or Liverpool. Elland road is still the same shithole, the same pretend atmosphere which vanishes once they concede, they still try to convince the world they are great fans, they only kid themselves.

350285271_230759629665101_2524515515031698500_n.jpg

"Leeds have never won anything in Europe" is simply an incorrect statement as both you and I have just confirmed and as the record shows. It's actually monumentally fuckwitted of you to make such a statement while negating that very same statement in the same post. I know that football fans generally have a reputation for lacking logic and intellect, but you take the light blue scarf.

Actually, the only thing I got wrong was to suggest that ours was a far superior record to yours only before the sovereign investment in your club. In fact, in terms of silverware, our European record remains superior to yours, even in 2023 - which is quite amusing. Let's hope that changes this year and you finally win the Champions League.

You missed out the rest of my sentence where I say: "...until your recent success brought lots of plastic supporters from all over the country and overseas." I can understand why you'd want to miss that out.

I wasn't 'having a go' at your real supporters and you should stop being so touchy. I know it's a touchy subject, but there are even people on this very forum who admit that they are plastics. It's not like I'm stating anything controversial. Your supporter base has blown-up massively due to your recent success. This is just a fact. You're not the Real Man City anymore. You're a Plastic Smiley Club now, which is why some of you on here have taken to issuing stern lectures about the behaviour of other club's supporters. Your stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere, but at least you're well-behaved and don't sing rude chants at players. Nor would you, given that you have a bottomless pit of money to spend on all the best players, like a cheat code on Football Manager.
And you're the real Leeds and yes you really did get relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.