Left Back

Lescott isn't class, he's just improved. Don't get me wrong some of his performances have been very good over the last few weeks but he's still nowhere near as good as King Vincent.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Lescott isn't class, he's just improved. Don't get me wrong some of his performances have been very good over the last few weeks but he's still nowhere near as good as King Vincent.

Who do you think is?

we dont need a centre back

1. kompany
2. lescott
3. boatang
4. toure
5. boyata
6. richards (if needed)

we do need a creative midfielder (modric, swinestigger) or a defensive/ holding midfielder so yaya can be the more box to box midfielder we've seen this season. we need to keep tevez, and get another striker. we need a left back defo. but most of all we need pace, someone like bellamy (not bellamy someone like him)

think kolorov will be given another 6 months he was out injured for the first half of season and its not easy coming to the prem and missing pre season then the first 3 months on season zaba can always cover that position as well.

id take baines for left back
then id go for phil jones at blackburn...i feel lescott has been great since he came into the team but i just feel jones has potential to be a world class cb. slot him in the team with hart richards komps n nige n thats a defensive backbone that can keep getting better for 7-8 years at least

bluefromleve32 said:
we dont need a centre back

1. kompany
2. lescott
3. boatang
4. toure x 2 remember Bacra v the Scums
5. boyata
6. richards (if needed)

we do need a creative midfielder (modric, swinestigger) or a defensive/ holding midfielder so yaya can be the more box to box midfielder we've seen this season. we need to keep tevez, and get another striker. we need a left back defo. but most of all we need pace, someone like bellamy (not bellamy someone like him)

Some players can play multiple position and it is how you can keep the squad happy.

I still think Kolarov may come good - he's not been a disaster by any means and shows promise. However, for some games a more defence-minded left back may be more useful to the team.

Personally I think the Baines thing could be a red herring. Mancini likes tall, powerful full backs. Baines is pretty strong, but he ain't going to win many headers from diagonal balls over the top.

br55 said:
I am hearing about us looking for a central defender, another top midlielder and striker which is fair enough if we are gonna challenge at the highest level. But I am really concerned about the left back position in the team and we must sign a top left back if we can.

ignore what you're hearing mate coz according to the papers we've already been linked with about 50 players so far and the transfer window int even open yet! hoping the baines rumours are'nt true really, he took a while 2 settle wen he moved 2 everton so unsure whether he'd handle playing against some of the best club sides in Europe and his transfer fee would be silly money. not his biggest fan me really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.