Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As promising as Wijndal is, the more accomplished defender is probably Tyrell Malacia at Feyenoord. He’s physically more dominant and has great pace and energy. A little short for my liking- smaller than Zinchenko- but still a great prospect. Has played the whole season for the Rotterdammers and was capped three times, but, unfortunately, he did his hamstring against Twente, so I’m not sure if he’ll be fit for the final against Roma.

Ajax would dearly like to take him but after the furore surrounding the Berghuis deal last summer, they’re unlikely to go there again. Wouldn’t at all surprise me, therefore, if ten Hag didn’t make him one of his first signings.

Should be all over this

In my opinion, the fact that not even Ajax are doing everything they can to sign him, should tell us that neither should we. The Dutch league is not good and to be honest I'm not even sure he would be an upgrade from Zinchenko, so whats the point in signing him? The fact that the likes of Danny Blind has a starting spot over him in the national team tells me he is nowhere near good enough to compete for a starting spot with us. If we must go for any Dutch LB it should surely be Malacia, but signing any player from the Dutch league, particularly a defender, is a risk and I would prefer us going for someone who has proved himself at a higher level. Owen Wijndal to me seems like a Newcastle or Aston Villa level signing, not a Man City one. Just my opinion :)

none of them really makes me feel good. Is there no young LB you can put behind Cancelo? This upcoming season might be Walker‘s last top season .

City rarely buy players from such inferior leagues, probably think it's too much of a risk. Cucurella is La Liga and Prem proven
We just bought a player from the fucking Argentinian league who has never played a minute of football against Europeans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.