Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. You could go on and on.

Why do we need to bring the fees down, what difference does it make?
It would just get journos off our back and change the unfair narrative of we're only where we are due to money . Would be nice if we could get some deals for under the 40/30m more often.
It's just my opinion, people are entitled to disagree but unfortunately our spending over the last 10 years isn't really comparable to any teams but United's so there's no data/argument to back it up. Some people are unable to leave their bias at the door and say some of Liverpool's transfers have been bargains or great deals.
Not to say we haven't done well ourselves recruitment wise but what they've done in the market is a harder job imo, as it's easier to spent more as the players are likely to be higher quality and less risk involved.

I d
It would just get journos off our back and change the unfair narrative of we're only where we are due to money . Would be nice if we could get some deals for under the 40/30m more often.
It's just my opinion, people are entitled to disagree but unfortunately our spending over the last 10 years isn't really comparable to any teams but United's so there's no data/argument to back it up. Some people are unable to leave their bias at the door and say some of Liverpool's transfers have been bargains or great deals.
Not to say we haven't done well ourselves recruitment wise but what they've done in the market is a harder job imo, as it's easier to spent more as the players are likely to be higher quality and less risk involved.

The difference between us and them spending wise comes from there cheaper squad players and use of youth players more than it comes from a difference in spend on quality. We have had better results over all. Would be nice to do what Bayern do and get lots of players to run there contracts down or do what Dortmund do though

Nah i am sorry this is your second post that i have read declaring us as over spending, lets understand that liverpools 7 man defense is cheaper to run as it needs less quality , they have less reliability, 17 domestic trophies lost so far under Klopp . he has been superb in the acquisition of Salah and i like Dias a lot ( not as much as Sane) but he has had his failures as well, Klopp`s record of spend vs domestic trophies is only better than OGS. When it comes down to our spend no team has had such a rapid growth in the EPL era, and no team has maintained our win rate, 100 points anyone? it comes at a cost.

The tenth is behind bars.
Really didn't expect city fans to have such a complex about one of us stating Liverpool's recruitment is top...To be honest mate I think they have recruited better than us, when considering the fees being paid and where they're at now. We're the two best teams in the world (city being no.1) and they've got there by spending a hell of a lot less and may potentially get a treble this season. So if city fans can't sack up and say fair play to how the FSG has operated in the market since klopps come in.... Then I give up. Some of their deals have been great and I'd just like to some of that at city, especially to get the tabloids and fans who cry about money off our back.

Feel free to have a look at the fees and the totals below... Some fees might be slightly out and Diaz+konate are missing.

I said him already mate (the disaster of a left back, not even worth naming) was included in the initial 9 I listed including Haaland. So your point on city having signed ten £50m+ players under peps reign is clearly factually incorrect. It's also pretty clear Liverpool havent signed just the three at £50m+ either.
They shelled world record fees at the time to bring in arguably their best two current and most consistent players in van dijk and allison? Hardly revolutionary.
Yes they've been in a good position to win trophies this season, but where were they last? City have won a trophy every season for the last 5. They also have an ageing squad with most of their strongest 11 on the wrong side of or approaching 30. Salah, mane, firmino, henderson, thiago, alison, van dijk, fabinho, matip all in this category.

Also just to finish, we've just signed Haaland for £52m, are you saying this isnt a good deal?

The tenth is behind bars.
Really didn't expect city fans to have such a complex about one of us stating Liverpool's recruitment is top...To be honest mate I think they have recruited better than us, when considering the fees being paid and where they're at now. We're the two best teams in the world (city being no.1) and they've got there by spending a hell of a lot less and may potentially get a treble this season. So if city fans can't sack up and say fair play to how the FSG has operated in the market since klopps come in.... Then I give up. Some of their deals have been great and I'd just like to some of that at city, especially to get the tabloids and fans who cry about money off our back.

Feel free to have a look at the fees and the totals below... Some fees might be slightly out and Diaz+konate are missing.

Why do we need to give a fuck?
Why is it even a consideration on a City forum?
I, and most City fans, couldn't give a flying fuck if we broke the transfer records every year if we carry on winning trophies every year.
The bindippers can have the net spend trophy every year as far as I'm concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.