Legal action against Football’s governing bodies

Balls were hoofed up by the goalie in casey days and there was a scrum to see who would head it in and around the centre spot, the game has moved on since then and apart from copping the odd missile like shot it just isn't the same.

I have headed a casey and I have headed one of these balls and there is no comparison.

Balls were hoofed up by the goalie in casey days and there was a scrum to see who would head it in and around the centre spot, the game has moved on since then and apart from copping the odd missile like shot it just isn't the same.

I have headed a casey and I have headed one of these balls and there is no comparison.
yeh remember them well, a lot more heavy than todays ball, replaced by the mitre around 1975 which was just as heavy but water resistant,the Mitre used to take your skin off if it skimmed your head

You haven't headed a new ball that Ederson has pinged 80 yards down field though.

Like you said, it used to be everyone in the centre circle getting ready to head it. That was as far as anyone ever managed to kick it. Now it goes faster and further. I expect it can cause just as many problems.

You haven't headed a new ball that Ederson has pinged 80 yards down field though.

Like you said, it used to be everyone in the centre circle getting ready to head it. That was as far as anyone ever managed to kick it. Now it goes faster and further. I expect it can cause just as many problems.

I don't see teams doing that though, the headers that the scientists are talking bout are shots that ricochet of players heads which are at pace, but you just can't mitigate that out of a contact sport unless you go the whole hog and make it into a full no contact sport.

Now I am not a scientist but I do know that any sport where you could get hit in the head by a ball by a puck or a glove could be affected by any decisions taken here, for me it's another yank infringement with full litigation and compo culture.

There must have been so many more cheap shots and dirty elbows etc back in those days before cameras or video replay as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.