Legends

Just how long are we going to live off this 5-1 scoreline ?. It makes us look ridiculous.... sorry to be a mard arse but it baffles me.

citymad said:
Just how long are we going to live off this 5-1 scoreline ?. It makes us look ridiculous.... sorry to be a mard arse but it baffles me.
It was significant because we had a team on that day who were expected to roll over and accept a 10-0 paggering at the hands of the evil machine.

As it turned out, we defended stoutly and attacked with a hiterto unseen style, swagger and panache thus proving the point, never under estimate your opponent.

It represents our biggest home win against them too. It's not something we go round living off, but it is something we hold dear and chuckle about from time to time. Much in the same way we still look at the Morecambe & Wise Christmas specials - we still giggle and thoroughly enjoy them, despite them being in the past and of their time.

1. Billy Meredith
2. Max Woosnam
3. Peter Doherty
4. Frank Swift
5. Bert Trautmann
6. Colin Bell
7. Francis Lee
8. Mike Summerbee
9. Neil Young
10. Georgi Kinkladze

substitute tables!

11. Table 5-1
12. Table 10-1
13. Table World Domination

blue John said:
Tony Book
Top man

it took 5 pages - but without a doubt

served city selflessly over years
captained us through our most successful period
managed us to runners up and our last proper silverware
took on whatever city asked of him, and took it on the chin when we didnt want him anymore
then had the good grace to come back when he was once again needed
a great bloke and a blue legend

de niro said:
you must have Alan Oakes, a top top blue, a great player and holds the record number of appearances. over 700 if i remember rightly.

believe me this guy was awesome at the time when lee, bell and summerbee were getting all the plaudits.
agree, saw him play calmness pasonified,got better as he got older.
when he was manger of chester city he tried to get city to buy a player by the name of IAN RUSH, what the hell was the club thinking not takin the man. ah well same old city !!!!!

Just want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, got plenty of ideas now it's going to make everything that bit easier, cant wait to get the table name/picture cards made up now. I'm really starting to look forward to the big event, so glad (and lucky) I'm marrying a woman who is as passionate about city as me, or I might never have got my city themed wedding lol, so once again a big thank you my blue brethren you prove why were the best fans in the land in all the world. :0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.