Leicester City (A) | Post Match Thread

Not a great performance and hanging on a bit at the end. Can’t understand why we handed over control to them in the last 20 minutes when we’d been so dominant.
Still a good three points
We didn't hand over control. They decided to attack us and changed their system. The whole rhythm of the game changed. As well as them having a couple of half chances, we created a chance on the break. Yes, still a good three points.

He’s nowhere near as good as Jesus was when he arrived.

I’m not having a go at the lad, it’s early days and I hope he turns out to be a good signing but he looks lost out there.
I think anyone his size would have struggled against the Leicester formation today. Must have been very frustrating for him.

why do we think akanji went off? we flapped about at the bavk after he went off.

gundogan i was also frustrated with and our general lack of intent to score a second once they opened up

did we create a single ‘chance’ in open play during the entire game?
Yes

Absolutely over the moon to get three points out of that. Not bothered about the quality of our performance atm, this ridiculous schedule leading into the most ridiculous World Cup of all time is a huge factor in our performances atm. Those three points could be telling come May.

Kev MOTM for me, but special mention to John Stones thought he was fantastic as right back/holding midfielder for 90 minutes.
I feel pretty much the same.
We are winning without looking on top of our game.
These are games we were losing last year. We are managing a lot better this year.
It’s a tough long season and frustratingly at times we look like we are not even in third gear, but we are getting results.

That was always going to be a slog. Leicester just wanted to be close the final 15 minutes or so. We’re blessed to have someone like KDB to give us moments like today. He’ll of a free kick, completely unsaveable.

Thought we were pretty good most of the match, last 20 minutes or so we were a little brainless, could easily have conceded from some sloppy play and didn’t really take advantage of the space that opened up.

Ederson was brilliant today and I hope he gets the credit he deserves.

All the same a big 3 points against a dogged Leicester side that defended really really well. Win our next 2 hone games and we’re well set up for the next part of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.