Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

In the same way that Spanish Dave can only use his left foot?
Must be the rarified atmosphere up here in EL3, and I was suffering from oxygen starvation, but I thought he had a good game.
The same too of our Irish Silva (Bernard O') who seems to be growing into his roll very well.
Dave can pass it either way. Ilkay struggles.
Anyway if Foden keeps playing like he did in his 10 minute cameo he'll be above him in the pecking order very soon. He has Spanish Dave's ability to keep the ball even with 2 opponents on him.

Dave can pass it either way. Ilkay struggles.
Anyway if Foden keeps playing like he did in his 10 minute cameo he'll be above him in the pecking order very soon. He has Spanish Dave's ability to keep the ball even with 2 opponents on him.
My biggest worry in my life is how we could replace Dave, but Foden might be the answer

I’m 59, KDB is better. Loved King Colin, but as much as it pains me, KDB has surpassed him.
I find it difficult to compare them. Colin was more box to box and a genuine goal scorer. KdB is the supreme slide rule passer and chance creator. It should also be remembered that Colin was cut down in his prime. Just both are/were great, each in his own way.

well no other striker has come here this season and been that much of a threat. He's become pretty much unique in the Prem as everyone else has gone for either ball-playing forwards or big lumps up top, no-one apart from Vardy can really run in behind anymore. Was an interesting challenge for our CBs.
Good assist from Otamendi........

Had concerns first half. Thought if we carried on like this we were going to make things hard for ourselves.. Peps half time team talk did the trick and our living legend did the job.

I find it difficult to compare them. Colin was more box to box and a genuine goal scorer. KdB is the supreme slide rule passer and chance creator. It should also be remembered that Colin was cut down in his prime. Just both are/were great, each in his own way.

The current level KDB is playing, his vision & also consistency of dangerous passing is certainly even better than Bell & by some distance. But not his finishing, tackling or heading. No comparison in those aspects.

But because he is SO good at passing & seeing things so early, & the fact that his workrate is so high, for the first time ever, actually makes it a genuine argument imo. As he is doing some of the things Bell did, way better than Bell, consistently, did them. It balances the other things he can't compare.

For the first time imo, we have a player who is a genuine contender. Imo Silva, Yaya etc being compared to Bell is ridiculous, but KDB this season is a real possible 'King' contender & definitely one of the best players I've ever seen.

Colin Bell also scored a lot of goals from headers but as you say they both are/were great and there is no reason to try to say one is better than the other.

The current level KDB is playing, his vision & also consistency of dangerous passing is certainly even better than Bell & by some distance. But not his finishing, tackling or heading. No comparison in those aspects.

But because he is SO good at passing & seeing things so early, & the fact that his workrate is so high, for the first time ever, actually makes it a genuine argument imo. As he is doing some of the things Bell did, way better than Bell, consistently, did them. It balances the other things he can't compare.

For the first time imo, we have a player who is a genuine contender. Imo Silva, Yaya etc being compared to Bell is ridiculous, but KDB this season is a real possible 'King' contender & definitely one of the best players I've ever seen.
Yaya has to be up there with Bell
Incredible player in his prime...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.