Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

That sounds like your giving Pep a free pass.

It's hard to manage a team when you have so many injuries ... but i'm not convinced about any of Peps latest signings, or some of his team selections at times ...... some of these City players really need to ask questions of themselves, because they will eventually cost Pep his job if they continue to perform like this.

I accept that, but this transition isn’t going to be done by the end of the year. It’s a big job and so far our signings over the last couple of seasons or so haven’t delivered.

My guess is it will be done. It will be difficult to win the PL but we will finish very strongly injuies permitting.

Once Dias starts finding his feet in the league together with Laporte regaining form, we will be the best team in the league.

Today we were missing Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Jesus/Aguero, Bernardo...We'd have been a completely different team with them and Sterling in his natural position from the start. Leicester played a team crippled by injuries and physically not ready yet.

There were warning signs with some of the signings when they were all at Barca, their core was still outrageously good and at the right age though so it didn’t get noticed - that and they never had to rebuild that core like they do for us. The other thing is I don’t think they really assess players personalities enough before signing them, in particular whether they’ll be able to cope with Guardiola.

Just on Mendy though, the player we signed is very different to the player we’ve got now post the ACL. That was bad luck as much as anything.

Every one of those penalties were very similar to the one overturned by VAR for United yesterday. Oliver couldn’t wait to point to the spot for each. No lengthy VAR review for any of them and Neville seemed to know they Wouldn’t be overturned within seconds.
Setting aside the performance - every top side gets a result like this - albeit it's been a long time coming for us, here's my take on the pens. Raheem and lets say Kevin, runs into the box, defender lays his arm diagonally across them. They carry on running because it's only a slight touch but enough to give the defender time to clear it. We lay a loose arm on a striker like Vardy running into our box and he defies the laws of gravity and dives forward like a fairy. Either Vardy possesses the strength of a 95 year old spindly old lady or he's cheating.

Last edited:
Whilst all three penalties were soft and very much to form for that cheating little **** Oliver, you have to look at what’s going on between the ears of Walker and Mendy, neither seem capable or knowing when to leave a alone, surely Pep will have warned what a bunch of cheating diving cunts Leicester are, surely he would have warned them about cheating **** Oliver? “Whatever you do don’t touch them in the area” or did he? I honestly think we are coming to the end of the Pep era, it’s been great but it‘s now too easy for the bus parking teams aided by filthy officials to beat us.

The problem with all three penalties was that our player (Walker/Garcia/Mendy) was on the wrong side of their man. Once that happens they will go down and they did. For that to happen once in a game is bad enough but to do it three times in one game is surely unprecedented.

Not had a full presason together. The dice was already loaded from the start of this season. Price tag is irrelevant on this occasion.
Oh bore off mate no preseason most of them played international games. Few teams have had a proper pre-season. It’s absolutely pathetic to suggest getting beaten in that manner is due to no pre-season. Embarrassing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.