Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Even Klopp realised he had to change things.

Huge amount of possession today but no victory to show for it. I'd love just a 1-0 once in a while. Problem is he can't change it can he? He just cannot drop back and sit and let them come on to us for a change. Its always one dimensional. Possession is virtuallu everything with press to get the ball back. NO PRESS today.
This is a huge defeat and next week decides whether he is really can adapt given the lack of a full squad and the fact that these players are so used to possession strategy. The opposition sits back and soaks it all up and then counters with ease.
Hasn't reached drastic times just yet but many on here have been saying for ages that we have papered over cracks. For Pep everything has to be fine tuned like a swiss watch . If one part fails then it all will crumble. No fail safe mechanism.
We will see when the players are fit and rested after international break whether this was just a freak result. I sure hope so. But my head says no. To think we were winning this game and it wasnt looking too bad .

I expected a fuck up before the game, just had that weird feeling about it. Mendy has to have lost all trust now, he's a disaster, complete and utter disastrous signing unfortunately. Get Dias in, get him with Laporte, Zinchenko at left back and Walker right back and let them have games together to create some solidarity. Rodri needs to find his role, hes a good player but I'd like to see him be a little bit adventurous with his passing, I'd throw Delap in up front too, till Jesus is back, he has a strikers instinct and so far hasn't looked out of place.

Lost 6 in 2 seasons with Ferna in midfield. Now lost 10 in 39 games without him there (gonna inc today as the problem was so obvious when he went off).

We obviously can’t expect him to play a season in there but the middle of the pitch is our biggest problem and Pep has to admit the mistake in thinking Rodri is the answer.

Our biggest vulnerability is counter attack. Our slowest player has responsibility for stopping it.

1 defeat in 4 without Ferna in the middle of a team that previously accrued nearly 200 points over 2 seasons.
People need to realise though that Fernandinho is not the answer any more. He’s finished. The answer was signing someone mobile with at least some of the qualities that made Fernandinho so great. We went for Rodri instead.

Setting aside the performance - every top side gets a result like this - albeit it's been a long time coming for us, here's my take on the pens. Raheem and lets say Kevin, runs into the box, defender lays his arm diagonally across them. They carry on running because it's only a slight touch but enough to give the defender time to clear it. We lay a loose arm on a striker like Vardy running into our box and he defies the laws of gravitydives forward. Either Vardy possesses the strength of a 95 year old spindly old lady or he's cheating.
Maddison did the same. Oliver was blowing his whistle before he landed. Just daft from our defenders by giving them the chance to do theatrics.

It’ll take more than Ruben fuckin Dias to fix that.
How Mendy is still our number 1 left back is borderline criminal. Will go down as our worst ever signing alongside Mangala. Both fucking wank

More to the point why have we spent the last 3 seasons with a mixture of injured and not the player he was Mendy, Midfielder Zinchenko, Midfielder Delph, right backs Danilo and Cancelo all trying to play left back. Someone needs fucking for this standard of ineptitude.

The clappers in here maintain that they’re all tired.
Fuck me last season has only just finished. These are athletes in the prime of their lives pampered beyond belief and should be raring to go. Can't blame lack of pre season for defending like we saw today. Just fuckwittery

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.