Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

I know what you are saying, but the gaps in the squad are what they are. I agree after spending the best part of £50m on mendy we shouldn't need a LB but we do! Same with the CDM. Rodri 67m, now I dont think Rodri is a terrible footballer just not suited to our team. We have wasted good money on the wrong choices. As for Jesus, lad runs his bollocks off, but ain't no Aguero, these are all issues that should have been sorted over the last 18 months and haven't.
Yeah but questions have to be asked about why there are holes. I dont mind spending money but when we constantly spend money and then they play shit we’re fucked.

The squad has been in decline since the end of 2018-19. A lot on here said it just needed the odd tweak while the rest of us knew it needed a full rebuild. You can't lose class like Silva, Sane, Kompany, let Fern get old and past it without replacing with the same quality. When was the last time Ederson kept a clean sheet? Great with his feet, not so great at keeping them out of the net. No decent LB. Not enough speed and intensity in the midfield. We're in a mess. CBs purchased too late. Hope we get some injured players back sooner rather than later and Dias hits the ground running.

A different manager would do better I think with this squad of players as is so we need either quite a few players(not sure this is even possible this window and txiki doesn’t have a great record on the defensive side) or a complete change in direction.

I wasnt completely sure towards the end of last season but I think we need a change of direction and we should thank Pep and Txiki for their efforts.

The root cause of this was starting Mahrez. We have to change our game plan / tactics to accommodate a player with a very individual style. It worked when he played for Leicester as they played the game on the break looking for him and vardy to finish We don’t play that way, we play as a team and hunt as a pack. If Mahrez has a role for us it’s impact player coming off the bench when we need something different, not the false 9 role. I wish it didn’t but my heart sinks and confidence drains whenever I see his name in the starting line up.

Hope we can scam Madrid for 80-90M

Thought we looked tired, mistakes are made when fatigue creeps in. Lack of any pre-season and the injured players hurt us badly today.

In fairness, the forwards were pretty static and not making many runs in and around the box
Absolutely, that's why we desperately need to try and get a recognised striker on loan to cover for Jesus and Sergio. We can't expect a 17 yo to come in and start scoring against prem sides, and the false nine just doesn't work for us.

Rodri is never going to good enough for what we need . I watched him today and was really poor and so slow. But to not even have a top class centre forward to start when we have injuries is a grass roots mistake. Mendy playing is not gonna win us the title but I think we already know that .

We dont even play out from the back via Ederson like we used to, its now a very high line. So Ederson’s hit plus point aint becing used and so he then just becomes a very average keeper with a low shot save percentage. Again today, didnt save a bean.

I dont really like seeing the following players on the team sheet; (even though theres no choice)

Gundogan
Rodri
Mendy
Garcia
Stones
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Fernandinho (35yo version)

With my judgement out on Ake, Cancelo and Torres.

De Bruyne is probably the only player who gets in the Liverpool team right now. and don’t say Ageuro either because he doesn’t even get in city’s team in the big games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.