Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

It is clear also that Foden still can't be relied upon just yet.

He looked shot after half an hour. Tough asking kids to play every three days.
Cannot understand how we can say foden is good enough to take over from our greatest ever player . Surely you that is putting massive pressure on him .

Brendan only needed to look at all of Peps games the last 3 seasons to work out how exactly how we would play and exactly how to counter it....do what most teams do, surrender possession try to win it back in MF, then break with numbers when you turn it over....
Plus he knew we’d fall away second half through lack of match fitness, so there was no need to bust a gut first half.

I think Pep is in a deep shit, because everything that's happening to his team goes against his tenets. His mantra is that he constantly works on improving the team and when that stops, he walks. Well, this team lost its phycological strength some time ago and there is no even hint it's getting it back and without that, no serious successful results will follow. When was the last time we not only came back from a goal down, but at least attempted to come back - I know everybody will say Real. But seriously, when? He can fix bad defending (let's say he can!), bud how does he fix reckless defending. Put any top CB from ' Transfer' section of this forum in our side today and still, how do you prevent Mahrez not tackling, or your fullbacks giving away ridiculous penalties? And how does he get some response from the players, because today he got fuck all!
KdB is my case in point, instead being cool and composed, once he started forcing the game thinking he needs to do something without actually thinking what to do, everything he did became ridiculously poor.
I am actually very fearful what might happen this season. The blame game in Bayern started with injuries and Pep looks literally alone in that dugout.
And yes, we fucking missed Gundogan today, the only player actually having skills and head to dictate the game. Even Merlin would not be odd man out.

I know many have said it. But today felt like the end of of an era (as did the Lyon match). There's no point getting down. It has been coming for at least 12 months. Too many players are past their sell-by date (Fernandihno) or crocked (Mendy) or just not good enough ( Garcia). We played into Leicester's hands yet again.
In his interviews Pep looks shot to pieces. He is the greatest manager we will ever see but we know in our hearts he is not staying so we have to build for the future. Hopefully this is already happening.
I still believe this crazy Covid season is wide open and the title is anyone's to win (including City) but we need to be realistic. CTID

Unfortunately even since pep has been here football seems to have evolved or moved on it’s all about having players with pace all over the pitch,we seem pedestrian at times,but that’s only part of our problems ..

Football has evolved since last year when we became the first English club to win the domestic treble? Don't think so.

We are behind other teams in our preparation for the season and have many injuries. This goes some way in explaining why we struggled today.

100%

I got pelters for saying this earlier,

I said he’s still not ready to replace Dave and play every 3 days . Let’s see if you get called a rag and abused like I did ;)

Foden just isn't the same type of player and for his sake we should stop this expectation of him to be a Silva clone.

The worst thing I’ve noticed over the last half a season to be honest is that we just aren’t as clinical in attack.

When teams sat back and tried to defend deep, frustrating our attacks we usually found a way through. We certainly created chances. Today we barely had a clean-cut opportunity to score.

We aren’t fluid or unpredictable in our attack. We are so easy to stifle, which is odd given Pep is one of the best tacticians but he’s getting found out more and more.

There is just something off with us. Something isn’t clicking and that’s before you start to analyse our defensive play.

I don’t think people are grasping the rebuild we have on our hands.

Its massive and maybe we need a new manager to own it.

Not critical of Pep , but we should have committed him to another contract by now and backed him with better signings over the past 2 seasons.

Hopefully this season is where we bottom out otherwise despite our resources we will be irrelevant home and abroad.

As many have said our purchases under Pep haven't been what we need they have fallen far short in fact.

Unless you surround KDB with better quality than we now have we will go backwards fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.