Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Now is the winter of our discontent.

ok maybe not but fuck me that took the biscuit yesterday.
how to dominate a game for 90% of the time and still get beat.
the scoreline was a bit of a freak, we all know that **** Oliver would have awarded none to us if the table was turned BUT it was still an abject showing. Lets start with García, doesn’t want to play for us, seems to have gone backwards, why the fuck play him ? John Stones is better and did ok against Wolves. Mendy and Walker, dumb and dumber, Mendy is hopeless, Walker needs a Vinny alongside to keep him focused.
up front, very very thin, we are reliant on Jesus and he’s injured. Since Ihanacheo left we’ve had no striking depth, especially with Agüeros constant injury problem. No we are fishing for yet another expensive centre back, our record in this area has been patchy to say the least.

Leicester were always going to sit back and use Vardy on the counter. Obvious tactics but we had no idea what to do against it.

I still don't understand why our defence doesn't drop a little bit deeper against pacey forwards to nullify the chance of them getting in behind. It would make Rodri's role easier also. Yes we probably wouldnt be able to press the Leciester defence in the way we did but we would of still created enough chances im sure to at least not lose the game.

Dropping deep fucks up Pep's plan of squeezing space (as does having slow mids).

It effectively happened on the first goal, player able to turn & run rather than being flattened by 2nd challenge.

What they can't get right, is playing the high line then dropping off as the ball is played. Instead they rely on shit offsides. Then just go to pieces.

One particular player fucking off will help that & hopefully the one coming in, moreso.

They were winning the call back in there own 3rd just on the edge of there penalty area once they did and under zero pressure it was a a quick ball down the line or over the top to Vardy defence and pressing exposed with one misplaced pass or tackle.

To easy.

If Dias is good, things will improve imo.

It's elementary shite defending which is ruining the whole confidence of the team. We are great until the first opposition breakaway, then the team starts to worry & the football standard starts to drop, the system starts to break down & then shambles.

A decent backline, will bring together the rest 'if' Dias is good.
A decent BACKLINE to me means all 4 defenders as a unit we could have the best 2 CB in the world but if the full backs aren't disciplined enough to get back ie mendy we've got no chance against fast strikers

its an embarrassment saga serious, the following day. just to think, we got smashed 5-2 by Leicester. And at home... let that sink in.

Think Garca was at fault for the 3 goals. Madison didn't close down quick, same with the Kyle Walker penalty, just backed off allowing for the pass into vardy, then a clumsy challenge.

but anyhow Pep sees it differently

A decent BACKLINE to me means all 4 defenders as a unit we could have the best 2 CB in the world but if the full backs aren't disciplined enough to get back ie mendy we've got no chance against fast strikers

For all the shit he's getting, Walker did some great defensive work v Leicester & typically does.

Him plus 2 quality cbs is a good backline, then we have the left back problem, again.

Ake is the best defender there & Cancelo the best attacker.

For all the shit he's getting, Walker did some great defensive work v Leicester & typically does.

Him plus 2 quality cbs is a good backline, then we have the left back problem, again.

Ake is the best defender there & Cancelo the best attacker.

agree... walker did OK actually apart from the silly mistake. but again that wasn't his fault. CB (Garcia) was backing off to allow the pass in. Either track your man or close the man coming in.

Time we stopped being entertainers against these twats
A goal up bring a defender back, pass the ball incessantly side to side to keeper back again ad infinitum , have cnuts like Steptoe running up his own arse and literally sit on the ball till they decide to come out
If they don't then I'll take 1 - 0 every fcuking time
Who would be killing the game , us or the perennial bus parkers
Time we wised up
Rodri said the exact same thing post match. I feel we're too naive against negative sides. We played right into their hands yesterday.

Mendy and Walker have to push forward to create width as we play inverted wingers to come inside. You can't really expect them to get back from that position and catch fast strikers like Vardy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.