Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Peak years for male sprint speed, strength and power are the 30s. It’s simply repeated injuries that see people lose pace before then.
Usain Bolt was 21 when he set his first world record and he never bettered the record he subsequently set at age 23. Ditto the previous record holder Powell - first broke the record at 22, set it again at 24 and then never beat it.

So I think mid 20's at the very latest is your peak, and probably early 20's.

Stomach is still in knots after this.
There is a saying you get your defence nailed down first but can help thinking back a couple of years.
Front six of Fern, KDB, Spanish Dave, Sane, Sterling and Kun was frightening.
Looking at yesterday we are a country mile off that level at the moment.

He wanted Leicester to play a more expansive game to assist our style of play. Is he for real?

Speaks volumes imo. Rather than taking his medicine and accepting that he played shite, City were shite, he comes out with this entitled drivel. We conceded 5 ffs!! That's not my idea of seeing a problem and looking to improve. Just like Mahrez, not the attitude or desire I want at City. I've seen and heard enough of him tbh. He'll never fill Fernas boots, ever and id be quite happy to see the back of him.

The spine of our team is not what it was. Think we should all agree on that. That spine is not easy to replace. The loss of Laporte, Bernado, Aguero, jesus added to a short break due to covid and no pre season has added to yesterday's loss. Yes, they are excuses but valid in my opinion. I'm not expecting to go on and win the league this season, we are in a rebuilding process, one that we have to be patient. Please let us not get like the rags and expect season upon season to fill our cabinet, it won't happen overnight!

I back City to recover. The squad is better than it's being given credit for.

That's not to say there's not mismanagement. We've still got outstanding players. As long as Pep doesn't lose the dressing room we will recover.

Stomach is still in knots after this.
There is a saying you get your defence nailed down first but can help thinking back a couple of years.
Front six of Fern, KDB, Spanish Dave, Sane, Sterling and Kun was frightening.
Looking at yesterday we are a country mile off that level at the moment.

Sane had bags of talent but not gonna lie and say he was consistent. There were games he was quiet depending on how the ops set up, same as Sterling. Looking at the positives, we've still got a squad bursting with talent. Honestly think if we can get the defence and DM sorted then the rest will take care of itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.