Leicester City (H) - Sat 15th April, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The combination of an incredibly intense game against Bayern and the potential for a new manager bounce for Leicester make this a lot trickier but I'm hoping the momentum we currently have will see us through.

There will surely be a couple of changes after yesterday's physical exertions, I'm thinking Walker, Laporte, Mahrez and Alvarez will come in. Ideally we'd be able to give Rodri a rest but Phillips is such a big drop off and this is another must win game so I think he'll start against Sheffield United instead where we might be able to get away with it. Hopefully we can get the game won early and bring Rodri off.

We struggled to beat them at their place earlier in the season due to an 8 man defence camped in their penalty area. Can't see what else Dean Smith can come up with as any other approach would leave them too open. Hope we've got some left in the tank after last night but think Pep will have to rotate for this one. About bloody time KP stepped up to give Rodri a rest.

the team feels hard to pick, with last night's exertions against Bayern and the away leg next wednesday, plus the SF a few days after that, the selection against Leicester may have some pragmatism thrown in. Pep loves a strongest team available approach, but Rodri is becoming completely vital now, does Phillips get a start?!?! hmm. Honestly, i cant call the starting XI.

my mate is a Leicester fan and says he doesn't remember them playing this badly ever, they're scared of a massive tonking, they just want Dean Smith to inject some stability and fight. To me, that reads "park the bus".
Is there any team which has parked the bus, watched us get the first, and then be totally devoid of any plan to turn the game into one where football seems to be prevalent?

Rotation to some degree is inevitable. Huge game and one that we just have to win by hook or by crook. There’s the chance we could be disjointed due to rotation, perhaps ever so slightly complacent, there’s the potential for new manager bounce, there’s potential our focus could drift a little to Bayern. All that together makes this game more difficult than it seems. Just win. I don’t care if it’s a little scrappy, just get the result.

Is there any team which has parked the bus, watched us get the first, and then be totally devoid of any plan to turn the game into one where football seems to be prevalent?
Usual plan is:-

0-0 Park the bus
1-0 Park the bus if we don't score again chuck on a forward and have a go in the last 10 mins
2-0 Park the bus so they don't get battered
3-0 Give the fuck up.

Can't afford to start Phillips in a must win game
Pep may feel he has to give Rodri a rest. I would expect a minimum of four changes.This would be a bit of a risk but with the fixtures ahead rotation is essential.This is a bit of a problem for the manager but one I am sure other teams would love to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.