Leicester City v City post match.

4-2 with three minutes to go and City are still tippy-tapping the ball around the centre circle - is this the mark of a football genius?

Pmsl.

Minature Dachshunds and a beautiful single malt are my only worries for tonight fella.

We could play verbal tennis all night but it will get boring for the rest on here so lets call it a day and agree it was an absolute dog shit performance that for me is entirely on Pep and i said as much early on in the thread.

Enjoy the evening fella :-)

Fair play, enjoy your evening ;)

It's quite simple. The Pep style of play he is trying to get us to play will NOT work in this league. The fact that he is continually setting up to be cannon fodder week in week out is showing him out to be at the moment an arrogant fool.

Anyone blaming a ref needs to give their head a serious wobble.

This is ALL on Pep.

Utter arrogance playing that team and it's gotten to the stage where Pep is putting his ego before the good of our club.

Why he plays this system with those players at the back is beyond me. I'd rather lose with the kids.
Bang on mate

Rubbish. And in truth, we have been for some time going back at least one season and probably since we last won the title. In 2010-12 we went through a wonderful journey where the team's performance was largely brilliant and when we weren't we had enough in the locker to get by. Those special performances are becoming less and less frequent and we are falling short week after week. There will be lots of reasons for that, some more obvious than others, some easier to pin-point and maybe even address. Personally - and please don't shoot me - I'm not convinced by Pep. I'm not basing that on today or even the season so far. I just don't trust the media bandwagon and the wishful thinkers who have you believe that this or that man only needs to jump off his plane and all will be great again and for me there has been too much of this since Pep was unveiled as our new boss back in February or whenever it was. It's a truth like no other. The EPL is a league like no other and it will give even the very best coaches reasons to put their heads in the oven as one former rags boss wanted to do when his team were embarrassed some years ago at Maine Road. However, if Pep is the coach he's made out to be, now would be a good time to start proving it in the 'here and now', not on the basis of what he has achieved elsewhere.

Pretty dogshit to be honest. We knew what Leicester would do today and yet our genius of a manager completely missed the bus. Rubbish.

I'm hoping he goes out in January and gets some big no nonsense, solid, organised central defenders.
He will but then he will still play them halfway up the fucking pitch and they will be exposed. It's just a vicious circle. Mangala looked good in a solid system. Otamendi looked good in a solid system etc etc it won't stop if we just carry on asking players to play a way that they cant

think I'd be more upset/shocked if we didnt see these performances coming! Its been clear for a number of years that our back 4/defensive players needed sorting out. When you bring in a manager that has a playing style that will expose the back 4 (or 3) even more, this was just waiting to happen. We needed fullbacks/defenders over the summer that were capable of understanding/playing the way Pep needs...Txiki? Pep?....someone got our summer recruitment completely wrong and we paying the price now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.