Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Haaland would be midtable on his own.

8-DD8-A329-E30-D-454-C-8274-EC666-EAA92-C9.jpg

Positives:

The result.
The 3-2-4-1 system  worked even with 2 of the back 3 changed.
Game (just about) won by half time.
Haaland goals, Stones bossing it, Rodri in control.
Ederson can save shots again.

Negatives:

How we were somehow holding on?
Don't mean this to be as cruel as it sounds, but there isn't one player who is out of their depth.
It's not they need a season to get used to us, they're in over their head.
There are one or two more players who are on the cusp of not being good enough.
An injury to Rodri and we are in trouble.
Perfect team talk for Wednesday.

Job done after half an hour. Considering the next 3 games, being able to rest 5 of our most important players is great.

Our squad depth is really poor. Phillips looks lost on the pitch, it's bizarre. Forget improving, he's nowhere near the player he was at Leeds. Gomez was never supposed to be a first teamer. Palmer is going to be a top player one day but he's too passive when he gets the chance.

We need 5 top players in the summer. 2 midfielders, a winger, 2 defenders.

Job done I guess and a superb first half. Bodes well for Wednesday that we managed to rest some legs. Only thing I found disappointing was the players who have been wanting more game time didn't exactly do themselves any favours. Mahrez seemed to be sulking a bit - did not have one decent pass in the second half, only had the one good effort (well saved) before the changes but after 55mins he couldn't be arsed.

Kalvin doesn't look good enough for us - even those who needed second season syndrome showed something - pace or drive - he looked frightened and didn't even make a single tackle in his cameo - in other words not good.

Anyway 3 points to keep the pressure on Arse roll on Bayern.

I know with no guarantee of performance and the possibility of losing key players to cards and injury but at least then you could moan about him not making changes earlier I suppose?
He usually makes changes too late so I guess we have no right to complain BUT that nearly cost us big time

Onwards and upwards.. We got away with it

Our squad depth is one of the biggest myths in football right now. Shambolic second half..

This team for all they've won shows their soft underbelly far too often.

Anyone thinking that Bayern tie is done and dusted is fooling themselves.
Do you honestly think Pep will make subs like that on Wed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.