Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Not going to let a handful of clueless fuckers on here spoil what was a perfect result for us.

I swear we have posters who must have been in a coma the last few years and have never seen how Pep works and manages the squad and game management at the business end of a season and how it often ends with us on top.

Fucking clueless!
How can you say that after watching that last 25 minutes. We could have shipped 3 goals just as we did against the scum -so its not co-incidence that Pep making too many substitutions led to a disjointed bunch of players looking like rabbits in the headlights. Resting key players is of course good game management but there is not enough quality in depth in the squad to be stripping out the core of the team and that is the issue. There is a critical mass when it falls apart like that last 15 minutes. So alarming yes not clueless...

Pretty honest from Phillips but I guess he had to hold his hands up.

We let our standards slip late on'​

FT: Man City 3-1 Leicester
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I think we are very happy with three more points. Three more points closer to Arsenal and we arre chasing them.
"First half we played really well and second half our standards sipped a little Towards the end there were a few mistakes and we had a couple of substitutions. I had a bit of a stinker to be honest, as Ederson saved it onto me and that resulted in their goal. Overall we are happy with the first 60 minutes or so."
On getting the chance to play: "I come to this club to play football and I want to be involved but when you've got a player like Rodri in front of you it's very difficult. I always want to learn and grow.
"This squad is unbelievable. The whole club is unbelievable. The way we push each other forward and how confident we are. Other than with Leeds pushing to get out of the Championship I haven't been in a squad as together. We are confident and looking forward to each game as they come."
Is the Leicester goal a warning for the Champions League second leg in Munich? "We always say we never take things for granted and we did let our standards slip but like I said we are happy with the first 60 minutes and we are looking ahead to Bayern Munich and the rest of the Premier League too."
I like his frankness. Hopefully he comes good next season.

It’s clear we don’t have a big squad and also that some of them might not be good enough.

No complaints at all. Managed the game perfectly with subs. Shame it looked ropey but it’s probably to be expected.
I don't think it's about being good enough, it's 5 changes that make the difference. Put 1 or 2 of those players in alongside the main players and I think they'd be a lot better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.