Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

A brilliant first half performance where Leicester barely got a sniff. We hardly got out of 2nd gear & it's evident we had Bayern in the back of our minds.

What a brilliant goal from Stones! He took it like a seasoned striker & is proving himself one of the world's top centre backs.

KDB's through ball to Haaland for his second was sublime. 12 touches, 2 goals. WTF!

We totally took our foot off the gas in the second, & with all the changes it let Leicester off the hook & back into the game, putting us in unnecessary peril.

After KDB went off, we stopped playing one touch football & the players started running with the ball, but we had little purpose & seemed devoid of a plan.

Regardless, at this time of the season, it's all about the points & we've bagged another 3 & increased our goal difference by 2.

We did what we needed to do with an eye on Bayern, so ultimately it's job done & roll on Wednesday... )(

I reckon there is a player in Phillips..Honestly thought Palmer when he first played was going to be a star..Gomez, early days..Dont forget that Jack, Ake, and even Rodri needed games to settle. What I do not really undertand is that you put on 5 subs, who rarely have game time together and expect them to play like some of the best players in the world who do play regularly together. Sorry but that expectation is too great and frankly an obvious choice for Pep to make.
Agree re palmer, some said he would be as good as Foden but he's greedy and his body language looks very poor.
Dissapoinring today again.

Pretty honest from Phillips but I guess he had to hold his hands up.

We let our standards slip late on'​

FT: Man City 3-1 Leicester
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I think we are very happy with three more points. Three more points closer to Arsenal and we arre chasing them.
"First half we played really well and second half our standards sipped a little Towards the end there were a few mistakes and we had a couple of substitutions. I had a bit of a stinker to be honest, as Ederson saved it onto me and that resulted in their goal. Overall we are happy with the first 60 minutes or so."
On getting the chance to play: "I come to this club to play football and I want to be involved but when you've got a player like Rodri in front of you it's very difficult. I always want to learn and grow.
"This squad is unbelievable. The whole club is unbelievable. The way we push each other forward and how confident we are. Other than with Leeds pushing to get out of the Championship I haven't been in a squad as together. We are confident and looking forward to each game as they come."
Is the Leicester goal a warning for the Champions League second leg in Munich? "We always say we never take things for granted and we did let our standards slip but like I said we are happy with the first 60 minutes and we are looking ahead to Bayern Munich and the rest of the Premier League too."
Nice to see an honest assessment. He needs to try and stop seeing Rodri as an immovable player. He falls into that trap that he ain’t good enough to fight out the position then he will go.

His early career with city has been abit of a stinker. Hopefully he can do an Ake and turn it around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.