Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Well; on the "glass half full" side of the fence, that second half should have helped Pep with picking his team for the remaining games. I get why he made the subs he did. We (hopefully) have a crammed schedule for the remainder of the season, and the squad needs to be managed. There seemed to be no point leaving the likes of Kev, Erling and Stones on and risk them picking up injuries in what, AT THAT STAGE, seemed a dead game. But the players that came on were clearly inferior to those they replaced. I can’t criticise them too much. It's not Phillips' fault that he's nowhere near Rodri's standards. Not every player could be a world beater. For every Dias, there's 10 Mangalas. But the starting XI in the remaining games should be clear in Pep's mind now. The XI for next weekend could be interesting, mind. Will he risk sacrificing the FA Cup for the bigger prizes? I watched the Sheffield United game earlier, and they looked good. Whereas that team we had on for the last 20-30 minutes didn't.
Why did you have to remind me of Mangala.
Regarding Sheffield their two best players can't play ;-)

Of the 5 champions league quarter finalists to play so far today, we're the only ones to win. The sixth, Benfica, are at 0-0 with 9 minutes left.
Bayern 1-1 Hoffenheim
Bologna 1-1 AC Milan
Napoli 0-0 Verona
Chelsea 1-2 Brighton
City 3-1 Leicester
Chaves 0-0 Benfica (live)
Benfica lost 1-0

Pretty honest from Phillips but I guess he had to hold his hands up.

We let our standards slip late on'​

FT: Man City 3-1 Leicester
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I think we are very happy with three more points. Three more points closer to Arsenal and we arre chasing them.
"First half we played really well and second half our standards sipped a little Towards the end there were a few mistakes and we had a couple of substitutions. I had a bit of a stinker to be honest, as Ederson saved it onto me and that resulted in their goal. Overall we are happy with the first 60 minutes or so."
On getting the chance to play: "I come to this club to play football and I want to be involved but when you've got a player like Rodri in front of you it's very difficult. I always want to learn and grow.
"This squad is unbelievable. The whole club is unbelievable. The way we push each other forward and how confident we are. Other than with Leeds pushing to get out of the Championship I haven't been in a squad as together. We are confident and looking forward to each game as they come."
Is the Leicester goal a warning for the Champions League second leg in Munich? "We always say we never take things for granted and we did let our standards slip but like I said we are happy with the first 60 minutes and we are looking ahead to Bayern Munich and the rest of the Premier League too."
He is a decent player that just has no confidence.

Even his mistake today was mostly due to him being overeager to impress. He ran in because he didn’t want to be seen as being lazy on the line, but the eagerness clouded his full assessment of the moment, which led to the mistake.

He is much less likely to make that sort of poor decision if he is playing regularly and thus does not have the immense pressure to make a case to play more.

Shite second half however only 2 outfield players who will start Wednesday played a full 90 minute. Bayern held at home with a pretty much full strength team. Great result all about game management from here on in.

If someone would have offered me 3-1 and our key players being rested at half time at the beginning of the game I’d have snapped their hand off.

It was a proper professional performance and these games at the ones which enable you to go far in all competitions.

On a side note, James Maddison was excellent today and if he’s available in the summer, we should be all over it.

I'd take him and Mendy.

We’d all love to see us go at it for 90 mins and score double figures. But surely this team and management have earned the right to second halves like today. Only Foden is out and that’s not an injury. Klopp has put 90000 miles into his team and they’re burnt out. Ten Haag the same and they will lose in Europe, the semi and drop out of the top four through big injuries. We will steamroller the end of the season because Pep manages game time Immaculately. I’d gladly sacrifice 45 mins today for a treble.

Not going to let a handful of clueless fuckers on here spoil what was a perfect result for us.

I swear we have posters who must have been in a coma the last few years and have never seen how Pep works and manages the squad and game management at the business end of a season and how it often ends with us on top.

Fucking clueless!
Nail on head

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.