Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Concerns about certain players aside changing half the team with 5 subs always kills the teams rhythm as we’ve seen multiple times this season. Luckily no harm done and 3 points in the bag

I don't think it's about being good enough, it's 5 changes that make the difference. Put 1 or 2 of those players in alongside the main players and I think they'd be a lot better.
It was absolutely more to do with the chemistry and flow being broken with all the subs than anything else but I think people will want to blame all of the subs, instead of seeing it that way with an added poor decision from Phillips, that I think itself was based mostly on over-eagerness (he was desperate to do well when he came and in that moment didn’t want to look as if he wasn’t trying to defend on the line, so he didn’t fully think about what he was doing and just ran in).

I don't think it's about being good enough, it's 5 changes that make the difference. Put 1 or 2 of those players in alongside the main players and I think they'd be a lot better.
Some of them won’t make it here. Looking at palmer and Gomez in particular but I agree with your point on the 5 changes.

Nice to see an honest assessment. He needs to try and stop seeing Rodri as an immovable player. He falls into that trap that he ain’t good enough to fight out the position then he will go.

His early career with city has been abit of a stinker. Hopefully he can do an Ake and turn it around.

Agree. The problem is I've seen nothing, zero to give me that hope. He looks like a bang average championship player, it's incredible to think he's a mainstay of the England side.

If someone would have offered me 3-1 and our key players being rested at half time at the beginning of the game I’d have snapped their hand off.

It was a proper professional performance and these games at the ones which enable you to go far in all competitions.

On a side note, James Maddison was excellent today and if he’s available in the summer, we should be all over it.

I honestly believe winning 3-1 and resting Ake, Stones, Rodri, KDB, Grealish, Gundogan and Haaland is better than playing them all for the whole match and winning 6-0, given our circumstances/schedule. I’m so chilled after that.
Agree, but could have been a different story in that last 10/15 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.