Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Excellent 1st half when we far too good for Leicester, obviously the second half after the changes was very poor. The second string players are not showing enough and I was hoping against Sheffield Utd Phillips, Gomez and Palmer would start.

At least our big hitters got a rest, great to see Erling bag a brace.

Just think if the UK’s nuclear subs are as ineffective as City’s were in the second half.

Sleepless nights incoming.

It took Ake a couple of seasons to make it into a regular first team player for us. Phillips has been injured and not fully fit all season. Get him fit, and a good pre-season under his belt and he might make it next season. He was top quality for Leeds.

Said in the match thread, Phillips did well to close down the angles when Maddison was one-on-one with Ederson.

He's had very little game this season, so he's bound to be a bit rusty. Plus, we don't know what instructions Pep had given him prior to coming on today. Rodri took a full season to settle in to that role, so we can't expect him to be anywhere near that level just yet.
I’m still on the fence about Phillips and not going to write him off yet. He‘s only appeared in 7 Premier league matches, coming on as sub for 6 of those. Although he has appeared as a sub in cup matches and in Champions league. I doubt anyone would be up to speed with those appearances.

Last edited:
I was happy with Pep’s initial selection and the multiple substitutions, given the bigger picture.

Also happy with a 3-1 result and pleased the Viking added to his unearthly goal tally.

The only disappointment - and it’s a continuing one - is that we just seem to fold when we send on the second stringers. Most clubs would envy most of those players but they don’t aquit themselves well.

Anyway, enough of that. Three more points and we march on.

Not going to let a handful of clueless fuckers on here spoil what was a perfect result for us.

I swear we have posters who must have been in a coma the last few years and have never seen how Pep works and manages the squad and game management at the business end of a season and how it often ends with us on top.

Fucking clueless!
I've only been on 5 minutes and feel like logging off.

It took Ake a couple of seasons to make it into a regular first team player for us. Phillips has been injured and not fully fit all season. Get him fit, and a good pre-season under his belt and he might make it next season. He was top quality for Leeds.
I agree, some writing off Phillips too soon, he’s a good player that’s why Pep wanted him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.