Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

How can you say that after watching that last 25 minutes. We could have shipped 3 goals just as we did against the scum -so its not co-incidence that Pep making too many substitutions led to a disjointed bunch of players looking like rabbits in the headlights. Resting key players is of course good game management but there is not enough quality in depth in the squad to be stripping out the core of the team and that is the issue. There is a critical mass when it falls apart like that last 15 minutes. So alarming yes not clueless...
No, it’s impossible to judge those that came on when 5 changes are made, lot easier to integrate one or two at a time. If Phillips had played from the start it would be far easier for him than when all the other changes are going on.
We did the job we rested most of those from Bayern, got the points. Trying to analyse players / subs and performance from the last 20 minutes is just daft.

Of the 5 champions league quarter finalists to play so far today, we're the only ones to win. The sixth, Benfica, are at 0-0 with 9 minutes left.
Bayern 1-1 Hoffenheim
Bologna 1-1 AC Milan
Napoli 0-0 Verona
Chelsea 1-2 Brighton
City 3-1 Leicester
Chaves 1-0 Benfica

Sloppy second half but expected with the spine taken out; what do people expect? This in game management will be a factor here on in as that first 45 mins showed the dominance we possess… having the ability to make those changes keeps us fresh and the drop off isn’t pretty but fek me, arsenal have to be a full throttle for remaining 8 games and fatigue will catch them…. Calmer heads will prevail, we are sitting beautifully!

Exactly why I said earlier that every manager in the world would bite your hand off for our result today given the greater context.

Many people don’t realise how hard it is to keep up this insane standard as games come thick and fast.

It is an incredibly difficult balancing act, that has it’s sacrifices, and we managed to win whilst resting/protecting players and giving Pep and the coaches more information about how to improve our fringe players.

Tuchel, Lampard, Scmidt, and co only wish they did what we did today.

Agree, but could have been a different story in that last 10/15 mins
Could have, but a large part of that different story would have been Dias deciding to slot Maddison in 1v1. That ain’t Pep. Pep did what he needed to do to maximise our chance of winning a treble, which is what he’s ultimately aiming for. Opting for a stylish destruction of Leicester using our best team all game would have given us a marginally better chance of winning the league in the event of goal difference being a factor, but it would have actively hampered us in the other two competitions. So Pep is just doing what’s best for an elite club that has its eyes on everything, not just one thing.

Not as good as Roger was, though.

One for the FOCs on here!
I remember meeting him once when I was with my (now ex) husband and his friend who was something to do with City, don't ask me what I never listened to his daft friends!! But Roger was very pleasant.

From Wikipedia, will this do you?
"Roger Palmer (born 30 January 1959) is a former footballer. He played for Manchester City and Oldham Athletic. He is the all-time leading goal-scorer at Oldham.

Roger was an undemonstrative player, and a quiet and modest man off the field.

Roger's career culminated in a superb run of success for Oldham, including appearances in the 1990 Football League Cup Final at Wembley and FA Cup semi-finals. In his testimonial season (1990–91), Oldham won the Second Division championship and rejoined the top flight of English football.

Since his retirement from football, he has been reclusive but he is remembered with fondness in Oldham. The Latics fans demonstrate their reverence for Roger in their chant "Ooooh, Roger Palmer, oooooh, Roger Palmer,".

In January 2008, the BBC Sport website put out an appeal for information on Palmer's whereabouts, ahead of the Oldham v Everton FA Cup Third Round tie. The teams last played in a cup tie in 1990, with Palmer the only player whose whereabouts were unknown.[1] Both the media and Oldham Athletic attempted several times to contact Palmer without success. 'Where is Roger Palmer?' went round Boundary Park several times.

Finally, on 8 May 2010 on the final day of the season against Charlton Athletic, Palmer made an appearance on the Boundary Park pitch at half time to rapturous applause and chants of "OOOHH ROGER PALMER!".

Roger has been living on the Racecourse Estate in Sale, Greater Manchester, since retirement. He played the odd game for local community centre and a couple of Sunday games for local pubs."

Sloppy second half but expected with the spine taken out; what do people expect? This in game management will be a factor here on in as that first 45 mins showed the dominance we possess… having the ability to make those changes keeps us fresh and the drop off isn’t pretty but fek me, arsenal have to be a full throttle for remaining 8 games and fatigue will catch them…. Calmer heads will prevail, we are sitting beautifully!
Fuck off talking sense will you knobhead!

Could have won by a veritable landslide. The last quarter we hung on and but for a bit if luck and some fine Ederson saves we could have delivered tve worst Typical City result ever.
And yeah, I understand subbing our best players for Bayern but that was lucky with a capital L.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.