Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

FT: Man City 3-1 Leicester

Manchester City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to Sky Sports: "Yeah it was a really good game after the Champions League as well, against a team that is fighting in a difficult position for them. In the end when you make a lot of substitutions you drop a little bit. [We got the] three points and onto the next one.

"It was completely different because the guys that start the second half it was the same approach as the beginning. I have a little bit of experience to play in three days in the important stages and you make a lot of substitutions and some dynamics we have and some players don't. And when the game was under control we made the changes."

On De Bruyne's assist landmark: "It is a lot. We spoke last game against Southampton that he achieved the 100 assists so it's a lot. It's incredible."

Worried after Leicester's goal? "Of course we were worried, so we made one mistake and the second they had the chance with James Maddison and after with Kelechi Iheanacho. The game was tricky in the last 20 minutes. But the first 55, 60 minutes was good."

Tactical substitutions? "I had to avoid [injuries]. I always have to push ourselves better and avoid it. Normally when you make changes it happens."

Important result to chase down Arsenal? "Absolutely."

How can you say that after watching that last 25 minutes. We could have shipped 3 goals just as we did against the scum -so its not co-incidence that Pep making too many substitutions led to a disjointed bunch of players looking like rabbits in the headlights. Resting key players is of course good game management but there is not enough quality in depth in the squad to be stripping out the core of the team and that is the issue. There is a critical mass when it falls apart like that last 15 minutes. So alarming yes not clueless...
Oh do fuck off.
Look at the bigger picture.

FT: Man City 3-1 Leicester

Manchester City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to Sky Sports: "Yeah it was a really good game after the Champions League as well, against a team that is fighting in a difficult position for them. In the end when you make a lot of substitutions you drop a little bit. [We got the] three points and onto the next one.

"It was completely different because the guys that start the second half it was the same approach as the beginning. I have a little bit of experience to play in three days in the important stages and you make a lot of substitutions and some dynamics we have and some players don't. And when the game was under control we made the changes."

On De Bruyne's assist landmark: "It is a lot. We spoke last game against Southampton that he achieved the 100 assists so it's a lot. It's incredible."

Worried after Leicester's goal? "Of course we were worried, so we made one mistake and the second they had the chance with James Maddison and after with Kelechi Iheanacho. The game was tricky in the last 20 minutes. But the first 55, 60 minutes was good."

Tactical substitutions? "I had to avoid [injuries]. I always have to push ourselves better and avoid it. Normally when you make changes it happens."

Important result to chase down Arsenal? "Absolutely."
Lol in amongst all the hysteria on here, these comments by Pep are exactly what I’m talking about. He expected the game to go like that. The aim was to rest as many as we could and still win. It was a perfect night. Pep’s literally not arsed one bit, look at the quotes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.