Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Ake and Gundog fully rested.

5 main guys given valuable rest time, because we’d done the business inside the first 25 minutes.

We bumbled through that second half a bit but there are no signs of any injuries and full steam ahead for Wednesday.

If that’s an average day at the office I’ll take it.

Job done, and hopefully all the gunners have a sleepless night tonight knowing that we are, er, gunning for them.

Job done. Last 20 was dog shit, but hey ho.
rested Gundo, Foden not playing...it was obvious that Palmer, Gomez and Phillips can't ever all be on a prem pitch together, coupled with Laporte unfortunately. That's a half an old Central League team and we still clung on...well managed i'd say

No mystery. Five players on who don't really know each other's game (except in training, which is never like the real thing, against a team fighting you and fighting for its survival). It was about two subs too many. In any case it was too many subs too fast. Their goal was entirely a product of a defence not being a unit — the initial header, which they should never have won — and not knowing who is responsible for what; followed by a cock-up between two players who don't know each other, both of them taking responsibility when one would have easily handled it.
The real City was on for about sixty minutes and it will be there on Wednesday.

Oh do fuck off.
Look at the bigger picture.

Exactly. Look at the decisions if you're the manager. 3-0 up and Bayern coming up. So take key players off. League could come down to goal difference so keep key players on. Keep key players on you risk injuries to them, jeopardising Bayern and Arsenal games. Take key players off, subs don't deliver, jeopardise league title. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Thise who criticise should think about what they would do with this conundrum.

Ake and Gundog fully rested.

5 main guys given valuable rest time, because we’d done the business inside the first 25 minutes.

We bumbled through that second half a bit but there are no signs of any injuries and full steam ahead for Wednesday.

If that’s an average day at the office I’ll take it.

Job done, and hopefully all the gunners have a sleepless night tonight knowing that we are, er, gunning for them.
key was resting Gundo and Ake...Unfortunately I can't see Phillips ever getting to our level. He just seems overwhelmed. Really strange buy. Laporte, just isn't up for it any more and can't take a grip when key men are off. Shame cos he was immense for us for a time. His composure on the ball and ability really accelerated Pep's possession game..now he has sort of gone into his shell. Shame as we need him more than he knows i think.

That first half performance was fantastic and would beat any premiership team if they had stayed in would of been 6 or 7 easily, our second team is not great unfortunately

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.