Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Lol in amongst all the hysteria on here, these comments by Pep are exactly what I’m talking about. He expected the game to go like that. The aim was to rest as many as we could and still win. It was a perfect night. Pep’s literally not arsed one bit, look at the quotes.
I'd rather start with our best team and get the game won and then make changes, than start with a weaker line up and potentially be behind and then bring on the big boys whilst we're chasing the game.
I don't blame Pep for making so many subs, we were strolling through the game, just a shame we conceded a soft goal and gave them a bit of a lift and gave me the heeby jeebies for the last 10mins!! :-)
We can't be upset with another win and the gap closed at the top though.

I'd rather start with our best team and get the game won and then make changes, than start with a weaker line up and potentially be behind and then bring on the big boys whilst we're chasing the game.
I don't blame Pep for making so many subs, we were strolling through the game, just a shame we conceded a soft goal and gave them a bit of a lift and gave me the heeby jeebies for the last 10mins!! :-)
Nail on head mate.

Resting key players is of course good game management but there is not enough quality in depth in the squad to be stripping out the core of the team and that is the issue. There is a critical mass when it falls apart like that last 15 minutes. So alarming yes not clueless...
Which blows this lazy myth wide open, spun by the media that we have a huge squad.

So let's have some proper recognition from the broadcasting media and pundits for what we have achieved over the past few seasons.

The media can't have it both ways. We've either got a massive squad full of world class talent or we're vulnerable when we make changes.

Which is it?

Either way we've closed an eight point deficit on Arsenal to a three point lead.

It was Liverpool before them and the Scum before them. MCFC it's what we do.

Is the correct answer.

Massive overreaction on here. This was a game inbetween 2 against Bayern ffs. It was always a vulnerable fixture and Pep managed it brilliantly. Our second string players are okay, just not when you have to put a load on at the same time. What would the reaction have been if important players played more minutes and got injured in a game that was won?!! Pep never makes multiple subs, he rarely makes any! He made a calculated gamble and as usual was right.

Note to Pep...

Please don't put me through that kind of second half again.

I was drifting off to sleep and then nearly had three heart attacks over the 45 minutes.

If we weren't saving players for Bayern in a few days, I'd ask for half my money back.

PS - Leave Kalvin Phillips in Manchester for the nexr week or two please.

Could have won by a veritable landslide. The last quarter we hung on and but for a bit if luck and some fine Ederson saves we could have delivered tve worst Typical City result ever.
And yeah, I understand subbing our best players for Bayern but that was lucky with a capital L.
If you can show me where I said anything else, please do. I made a clearly jocular comment about Roger Palmer (the FOC reference should have been a clue), but you come on and tell me to "do one". I'd love to know why; I wasn't abusive to you in any way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.