Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Nearly became our Crystal Palace game that, the one the scousers fucked up a few years ago.
Complete fuck up the 2nd half, I really don't agree with mass substitutions and it nearly cost us 2 points and the title today.
Sorry I don't understand what pep was doing in the 2nd half.
Phillips and Gomez are terrible
Pep was trying to keep our key players injury free. Unfortnately that can come at aprice.

I think the more disappointing aspect of the second half was them lack of application from the fringe players - we are coming to business end of the season and i thought some of them would have really be trying to make a statement… of course the number of subs didn’t help the momentum and they may have been told to keep things tidy and not to stretch the game

Not a moan as I thought we were superb for the first 30mins and the changes were well warranted (players rest and fringe player minutes)

I have no idea how we try integrate Phillips, he clearly needs minutes to understand the role and gain confidence but I just can’t see him getting that level of opportunity

Safe to say nobody who came off the bench has fought their way into the plans for the run in. Big drop off. Luckily the starters had the job done. Massive week ahead

Phew.... But job done.

People say Pep should not make so many substitutes should realize we have these players for a reason. To play them too. We cannot get all season long with the same 14-15 players. Injuries will come. Like last year.

As it stands unfortunately, Philips right now is an ex football player, Palmer plays for himself and offers only troubles right now and Gomez is a defensive black hole.
Let's hope Phillips gets out of this because we know he is a good player. I'm not sure about Palmer though.
Tbf Phillips needs a decent run b4 he can be properly judged but that said
Ive not seen anything yet to excite me. Thats how I felt about Rodri when he came but how wrong I was.

It took Ake a couple of seasons to make it into a regular first team player for us. Phillips has been injured and not fully fit all season. Get him fit, and a good pre-season under his belt and he might make it next season. He was top quality for Leeds.
Exactly, Pep and co obviously saw something in him otherwise we wouldn't of given Leeds £40m for him. An injury, going from playing for Leeds to playing for Pep and City is obviously a transition. Give the guy at least another season before you try and get him out the door.

Tbf Phillips needs a decent run b4 he can be properly judged but that said
Ive not seen anything yet to excite me. Thats how I felt about Rodri when he came but how wrong I was.
Philips needs to play well when he's on the pitch. To me Akanji was bought as a 4th choice CB but played himself into a first choice starter by taking his chances.
If you start Philips on current displays and at this time of the season, then we will be out on a competition 90 mins later.

Cannot be serious

EllipticalVelvetyGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

Strange Pep made subs at halftime. I would have thought he would have left it as is for 10-15 mins push for one more and then make wholesale changes. Surprised Leicester didnt have a real go at us or maybe they did and that’s all they have now.

Ho harm done in the end other than we could have helped our goal difference out a bit more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.