Leicester (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Phillips was poor but his England appearances give a glimpse of his talent. Don't think the number of subs helped him either, bit overall definitely a poor match. I seem to recall Rodri wasn't all that impressive in his first season so could come good.
Playing for England? All due respect to the National team but they are way off the level of us, way off.

Worth mentioning how good the fans were in tgat second half in what turned onto a zero intensity training match. I ain't complaining and delighted key players got a good rest. Poznan was like Mexican wave, took a while to get across to colin Bell stand from its origins in South Stand. Never once heard City Vity best team in the land and all the wod though, needs a good airing every match IMHO. I'm not sure the tannoy at start always helps atmosphere either.

Hey ho onwards and upwards CTWD

Has Walker been shagging Mahrez’ bird or something!
I can’t believe a player of Mahrez’ quality would not see a team mate in so much space and ignore him for no reason

I think the second half along with the performance in the Carabaou at Southampton puts to bed the myth that we have a really big squad full of world class players
I thought Walker was trying too hard

Yep we haven't the squad of 20 top class players, an absolute myth. Outside our first 11 tonight we have Foden, Gundogan, Alvarez who you could class as quality, so 14 really top class players, the rest are bang average, fact!
17 easily, you should also include Laporte, Walker and Steffen

Too much immediate post-match negativity on here.

Clearly, the team was told to conserve energy in the second half and that is what they did. You can't expect 5 subs to put in masterful performances when the other 5 are strolling around.

Calculated risk from Guardiola to ease off and sometimes it may not work out, but it's his job to balance the risk/reward. If the club wants to go as far as it can in all three remaining competitions, performance has to be managed.

I think he got a bit worried in the last ten minutes, though :)

I'm sitting here laughing my ass off at some of the absolute dumb shit I'm reading on here. I have to think people are fucking around, trying to be funny? At least I hope so...
I know, I have just read through this thread and some of the criticism is amazing. We got three up and then got five of our key players off the pitch, ahead of three huge games in the next 10 days. That is a professional approach and if people think the priority should have been a cricket score yesterday, then put simply, they know nowt.

Phillips was poor but his England appearances give a glimpse of his talent. Don't think the number of subs helped him either, bit overall definitely a poor match. I seem to recall Rodri wasn't all that impressive in his first season so could come good.
I think we probably need to see him in a double pivot with Rodri to get the best out of him, no point comparing the two, one is international level, one is world class. Best to judge him when he’s had a run of games and played in a full strength team consistently. No way should we be writing him off, you can’t underestimate what 12 months working with this manager at our club, day in day out, can do to improve a player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.