Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

Went to see them live supporting Madness of all bands at g-Mex. Awesome light show. Loved the Cubik album. Ahh my lost youth. Lolol.
Would that have been December 92 with the farm supporting?
I was there too.

I seem to remember 808 getting booed a bit and Darren price saying he can't believe we're getting booed in our home town.
They was top though as was the night, what I remember of it :)

I saw Colin in the 60s and 70s. Colin was the quickest player in the league whether off the mark or over 40/50 yards, ran further than any other player in the league, could beat a player with pure finesse or leave them for dead with pace, viciously hard shot that he always drilled low, tenacious in the tackle, precision passer and dominant in the air. He did the Yaya surge constantly in the course of a game. Had he not become a footballer, he would have been an elite track athlete.
Never mind elite, he could have featured in the Olympics. From memory, City had a sprint coach called Brian Green, who was the English 100 yards champion. Bell was marginally quicker. He also recorded a 400m time that was quicker than the one that David Jenkins won the European championships. That was just his sprinting. What he'd be like at middle distance I don't know, but he left the Duracell bunny for dead!
Finally, he appeared on Superstars, with the last event being a 600m run against David Hemery, who won the 400m hurdles in a world record time in Mexico, 1968. The race was a handicap with Hemery about 60m behind the start line and the rest from scratch to about 100m in front, with the theory that Hemery would come through at the end and be victorious. Bell was on scratch. At the end of the race, Hemery was second, 60+ metres behind. No prizes for guessing the winner.
Of the two, Colin was a better athlete, no question about it. As a footballer, you need a coin to determine who is/was better, they are/were both that good.
Pity they played at different times in the club's history.

Never mind elite, he could have featured in the Olympics. From memory, City had a sprint coach called Brian Green, who was the English 100 yards champion. Bell was marginally quicker. He also recorded a 400m time that was quicker than the one that David Jenkins won the European championships. That was just his sprinting. What he'd be like at middle distance I don't know, but he left the Duracell bunny for dead!
Finally, he appeared on Superstars, with the last event being a 600m run against David Hemery, who won the 400m hurdles in a world record time in Mexico, 1968. The race was a handicap with Hemery about 60m behind the start line and the rest from scratch to about 100m in front, with the theory that Hemery would come through at the end and be victorious. Bell was on scratch. At the end of the race, Hemery was second, 60+ metres behind. No prizes for guessing the winner.
Of the two, Colin was a better athlete, no question about it. As a footballer, you need a coin to determine who is/was better, they are/were both that good.
Pity they played at different times in the club's history.
I was lucky enough to see him play in his pomp and whilst as a 10 year old my memory might have played tricks on me my memories are as others have recalled-to this day remains my all time favourite -and I recall he did it often on what could only be described as a mud bath with ball that must have weighed a ton!KDB is at the same level-his performance against Leicester was just breathtaking.
How lucky are we?

That was City's best performance for some considerable time. KdB was dominant and Mahrez had his best game since coming to City and Chilwell couldn't cope - mainly because Pep had set us up to create overloads on our right. Chilwell was pulled inside by KdB and Mahrez is unplayable when he has space to run at players ... In the end KdB and Mahrez are better players than Chilwell and Barnes (?) and Pep's ploy of, effectively, giving Chilwell two jobs to do not only meant we ran riot on the right but nullified a lot of Leicester's threat by pinning Chilwell back, as Mendy and Raz did on the left. Only once did Leicester break out down our right .... Our pressing, which was better than it has been for ages, also kept Leicester under pressure and meant we really did defend from the front. Leicester managed to get at our back four only 4 times, fortunately, but on each occasion Vardy did show what a good player he is. He showed his frightening pace for the goal, but also his deadly finishing - I thought he'd taken it too near Eddie but his chipped finish was excellent from close range. I expected him to blast it and Eddie to make the block! Fortunately he blasted his only other chance wide, but he got two splendid crosses in. And that was Leicester. I think Pep "outfoxed" (!) Rodgers and City were just too good, but Leicester are a very good side though I think they find it more difficult against sides which defend deep in numbers. Certainly top four though.

I'm not getting involved in the debate over who's best? My dad revered Peter Doherty, I loved to watch Bobby Johnstone as a kid but thought I'd never see anyone as good as King Colin again. Then David, Ya Ya and, later, KdB arrived! All I can say is that the team of the late '60s never had the quality in all positions that we have now which perhaps made it easier for David, Ya Ya and KdB to weave their magic but also maybe makes it more difficult to stand out. I'm just privileged to see 5 of the 6 I've mentioned so thanks to all of them.

Think he had a point to prove, as many of us felt he wasn’t good enough for you. Eggs on faces, ripped us apart.
And yet a case could be made for Vardy to be mom. He didn't get much of the ball but when he did he made it count.

Underrated player. Your goal was outstanding.

That was City's best performance for some considerable time. KdB was dominant and Mahrez had his best game since coming to City and Chilwell couldn't cope - mainly because Pep had set us up to create overloads on our right. Chilwell was pulled inside by KdB and Mahrez is unplayable when he has space to run at players ... In the end KdB and Mahrez are better players than Chilwell and Barnes (?) and Pep's ploy of, effectively, giving Chilwell two jobs to do not only meant we ran riot on the right but nullified a lot of Leicester's threat by pinning Chilwell back, as Mendy and Raz did on the left. Only once did Leicester break out down our right .... Our pressing, which was better than it has been for ages, also kept Leicester under pressure and meant we really did defend from the front. Leicester managed to get at our back four only 4 times, fortunately, but on each occasion Vardy did show what a good player he is. He showed his frightening pace for the goal, but also his deadly finishing - I thought he'd taken it too near Eddie but his chipped finish was excellent from close range. I expected him to blast it and Eddie to make the block! Fortunately he blasted his only other chance wide, but he got two splendid crosses in. And that was Leicester. I think Pep "outfoxed" (!) Rodgers and City were just too good, but Leicester are a very good side though I think they find it more difficult against sides which defend deep in numbers. Certainly top four though.

I'm not getting involved in the debate over who's best? My dad revered Peter Doherty, I loved to watch Bobby Johnstone as a kid but thought I'd never see anyone as good as King Colin again. Then David, Ya Ya and, later, KdB arrived! All I can say is that the team of the late '60s never had the quality in all positions that we have now which perhaps made it easier for David, Ya Ya and KdB to weave their magic but also maybe makes it more difficult to stand out. I'm just privileged to see 5 of the 6 I've mentioned so thanks to all of them.

Awesome summary

And yet a case could be made for Vardy to be mom. He didn't get much of the ball but when he did he made it count.

Underrated player. Your goal was outstanding.

I thought he had missed the cross bar. When it settled in the net, it was a brilliant experience. This was my ten year old sons second away game after old Trafford in September, so to see us score, at that point being utterly dominated, was incredible.

so despite the disappointing but deserved result that was the one sweet moment for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.