Leicester (N) - Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Never noticed Torres until the change of ends.
Mahrez at his lazy arsed worse.
Crowds back and he is back at his worst.
Fernandinho and Gundogan couldn't find a City man with a pass all game.
Cancelo you do wonder how he can be so great one week and shite the next.
The Euros are going to play a massive part in the start of the season.
Still good to be back and just hope we can get more fitness back for next week.
I was amazed at how shit Mahrez was yesterday, to be honest. Him and Cancelo appear to have zero relationship on the pitch.

Did Leicester fans boo Grealish last season?

No but narrative is he and sterling bottled out of the final pen and mad ea teenager take it.

They are the scapegoats for southgates shit tactics and rashfords wank penalty miss

Is it not just a Midlands thing?

Get used to it , when people stop booing him and us in general it will be time to worry, because we would be irrelevant.

Leicester City fan here, in peace as usual.

There weren't any Leicester City (or Villa) fans there to boo him last season because of COVID, but as I recall, he got some (fairly good natured) stick the previous season when we played Villa four times, including losing on aggregate in the Milk Cup and putting four past them home and away in the League. A lot of us think he's a cheating little **** who falls over a bit to easily, although to be fair, a lot of us would also love him to be playing for Leicester City.

Incidentally, I don't think booing him is anything to do with the Euros and it's not just a Midlands thing - Grealish will get booed all over the country. But @Keeper!'s comment is the most sensible - time to worry when people start ignoring him.

And I enjoyed yesterday, so there :)

The positives IMO.

Edozie and Palmer grew in confidence and into the game showing they have a nice touch and ability.

Leicester had 6 players at the Euro`s while City had 14.

Steffan Has proved he can be trusted in goal.

Mendy looks like he`s improved.

For his first game Grealish looks like he`s settled.

Bernardo energy and effort for the team hasn`t been effected.

Strange game yesterday, so good being back at a football game having only been to Everton at home and one euros game since March 2020. I thought we looked quite good for the first part of the second half yesterday and probably deserved enough to win, we obviously lack a striker so hopefully pep has a plan.

This is the 2nd game I've seen us lose on my birthday after the Community Shield against United in 2011, might have to give it a miss next time for City's sake.

Just watched the circumstances in which they got their penalty again. Ake and Rodri need to take joint responsibility for that as both made errors. Rodri receives the ball from Grealish and although he has runners in front and to the side, as soon as the pass is played he turns to face backwards so signposts where the ball is going. Both Dias and Ake are shouting at him to move the ball forward as both are being pressured. As it is, Rodri lays the ball back and Ian anticipates where it is going and moves quickly towards Ake. At this stage the situation is still retrievable as all Ake has to do is put his foot through the ball and clear it upfield. Instead he chooses to turn his body to lay it back to Steffen. He miscontrols the ball allowing Ian to get close to it, falls and his trailing leg brings down Ian. Nailed on 100% penalty and so avoidable. Two in the last two games by our CB's smacks of the beginning of last season.

Its doubtful we will be free scoring in the early part of the season so we really must avoid giving goals away like yesterday and Blackpool.

Leicester City fan here, in peace as usual.

There weren't any Leicester City (or Villa) fans there to boo him last season because of COVID, but as I recall, he got some (fairly good natured) stick the previous season when we played Villa four times, including losing on aggregate in the Milk Cup and putting four past them home and away in the League. A lot of us think he's a cheating little **** who falls over a bit to easily, although to be fair, a lot of us would also love him to be playing for Leicester City.

Incidentally, I don't think booing him is anything to do with the Euros and it's not just a Midlands thing - Grealish will get booed all over the country. But @Keeper!'s comment is the most sensible - time to worry when people start ignoring him.

And I enjoyed yesterday, so there :)
Trying to justify the fact that you are brainwashed sheep. It is Sterling all over again

Fuckin hell, it’s going to be a rough year for a few on here if this game is a yardstick for the season ahead. I mean, what could a fit and healthy Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Stones, Laporte, KDB, Foden, Sterling and Jesus (let alone Grealish, Rodri and maybe even Kane!) possibly add to this team?!

We are well and truly fucked! Let’s hope we can get to 40 points by next May and finish above 18th!

Pep out!

SMH
Calm down, mate, 40 points seems like a stretch going off yesterdays match, be lucky to get into double figures ;)

We would be licking our lips playing a team with Mendy in it. That says it all.
That's the issue and the same when Zinchenko plays.

In the big matches where we are seriously tested, and lets be honest, we only probably have 10 of those a season, teams target our LB, because it is our major weakness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.