Leicester post match thread

I'm a huge believer in kids getting game time, but nothing Kelechi has done so far has indicated that he's ready to start games leading the line for City. The only time he played a big part in a game he was ineffective. He should however get more time from the bench as he is a potential matchwinner & defenders don't know him.

Compare what he's done with minimal time played compared to bony...

Then consider how much more mobile, energetic, and generally enthusiastic he is when he's on the pitch. He's also proven he's a damned good finisher too.

What else do you want?

Given our away form, an excellent point to take really. Thought we should of had them in the first half but we didn't take advantage. After that tiredness crept in and I don't think we ever imposed ourselves enough to get anything more. They did their homework, nullified Silva and Aguero and after that it was only going to be some quality from someone who would make the difference but it never appeared.

The most worrying thing is our total lack of squad depth and options, anyone who thinks this is the best squad in the league is wrong. We had a young lad on the bench and it is becoming obvious he was never going to get a chance but rather just fill the numbers.

Leicester played on the break for most of the match and really neither team did enough to get the breakthrough. We should of had a penalty and didn't get it, unfortunately a moment like that was the only thing that was going to swing the game.

Either way, onwards and upwards, we are only halfway through the season now and we didn't pick up anymore injuries and we have some very winnable games coming up.

Funny how people see it differently eh? I stand by my view that we dominated the game and should have won comfortably and if Sergio was fit and Bony wasn't shit we would have done

Listening to talkshite on the way home you'd think Leicester were the new Barcelona!! I saw an average team who's only tactic was to lump the ball up to Vardy who was very poor

They'll drop like a stone in the new year

nail on head and end of thread,bring on the watford

True , but we ain't , so we may as well deal with where we are and be positive . Still have to play the top two at home and if we can get silva and Aguero firing the team will benefit from the rest they have had .

I'm all for getting behind the team but we should be realistic rather than positive for the sake of it. Lots of ifs and buts at the moment and with the squad we have it shouldn't be that way. It's not unsupportive to say that imo.

A game of two halves for me. First half we dominated the game and played some high quality football. Second half we looked flat and struggled to get our game going especially after the the baffling substitutions from Pellergrini. Yet another lost opportunity on the road.

Deserved to win in my opinion but will take the point.
We were very good in the first half, all over them for quite a while but just couldn't find the finish.
A couple of nervy moments from Kolarov if I remember correctly and unexpectedly Ferandinho but wouldn't say they played badly.
Despite his crazy incident I thought Otamendi won just about every header so motm for me.
I do believe we were unlucky. Howard Webb is clearly a bottler, as he harped on about needing to see more contact in such a big game; Jake Humphrey still a prick but a late Christmas miracle Robbie Savage and Steve McManaman said as I do it was a definite penalty.
I guess we're always going to struggle with Kompany out and Silva and Agüero not fully fit and not able to play 90 mins, so will take being 3 points off top at half-time of the season. We've come back from far worse before.

Last edited:
Disappointing result considering we've still not won away since September but a clean sheet is always a positive with our defence.

We had more shots at goal than our normal per game average, which is the best in the league, but less on target than average; although blocked shots, of which there were several, don't count as on target even if they were heading towards the goal. We have never been consistenly clinical enough. 21 shots without scoring is I would think rare for us.

I'd love to see our conversion rate, I'll bet it's horrible.

On the other hand, the conversion rate when defending, I'll bet, is probably not great either.

I remember us scoring for the fun of it. I can't get my head around what's happened on the road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.