Leicester post match thread

The only difference between us and them tonight was that they've obviously got the ability to play to their strengths. Where as we've got a glaringly obvious propensity to play to our weaknesses.

Slightly underwhelmed with that performance. Thought tonight was a big opportunity to make a statement of intent and for me, we just didn't show enough quality in the final third. I know this sounds picky but how bad are Sagna's throw ins? When I coach myself, I tell my teams to get the ball back in play as quickly as possible with a quick one-two. Sagna seems to take his time and then throws it aimlessly down the line which handed them possession at least 3-4 times! Strangely enough, one of the things I was most impressed with was our delivery from corners. Anyways, I need cheering up....might watch Sevilla away. Lacazette in Jan anyone?

Personally i was left frustrated with that game.

Positives = much more defensively sound than in previous fixtures, and sterlings workrate was great, depsite him needing to take the ball wide instead of cutting inside almost every time.

Negatives = than damned fast counter up to last 10 yards, then stop on ball and overthink every move...nothing is fluid and instinctive, and everything screams of one player trying to make the difference. It just plays out as one missed chance after another. In a word its insipid. Kev might miss a few balls etc, but you can see he's all about taking the chance and working things fast...the whole rest of the team are not on the same page imho, and would do well to get to grips with his style rather than the other way round.

Overall, given that in previous games its been shambolic at the back and insipid at the front, you'd have to say its genuine improvement shown. But i guess you could also argue that they didn't leave much forward so the defense had an easier time to offset this.

One thing is clear though above all, kelechi needs to start games from here on out...if he doesn't then pellers is clearly terrified of upsetting players, that's probably also why toure has started pretty much every game. I mean the lad offers everything compared to bony.

I'm a huge believer in kids getting game time, but nothing Kelechi has done so far has indicated that he's ready to start games leading the line for City. The only time he played a big part in a game he was ineffective. He should however get more time from the bench as he is a potential matchwinner & defenders don't know him.

It wasn't an easy game but it's one Pellegrini's team with Negredo or Mancini's with Tevez would have scored 6. I actually think Leicester played better games against us previously than they did today, when their only chances came from awful play by us.
But it's another awkward away game gone & we are perfectly placed. We are in a better position to win the title now than we were the last two times we won it & we are not up against Ferguson or Mourinho.

All we have to do is start playing something like proper City & we'll destroy it. But we haven't seen that team very often this season.

We had more shots at goal than our normal per game average, which is the best in the league, but less on target than average; although blocked shots, of which there were several, don't count as on target even if they were heading towards the goal. We have never been consistenly clinical enough. 21 shots without scoring is I would think rare for us.

Which radio station was you listening too ?
Breaking News ! City putting a bid in for Raymond Van Barneveld !!

leicester invited us to play,they parked the bus and hoped to nik it either by defensive errors or on the break it nearly paid off for them,they normally don't play like that so they gave us to much respect if they had come out to cavalier we would have had two or three

Two ways of looking at it. 3 points behind and still in 4 competitions OR should be 5+ points clear, cruising and still in 4 competitions. I'd say the latter.
True , but we ain't , so we may as well deal with where we are and be positive . Still have to play the top two at home and if we can get silva and Aguero firing the team will benefit from the rest they have had .

What planet are you on mate?
"Dominated the game and should have won comfortably" NOT - we were the better side for 40 mins and created some good half chances and then conspired in the last five minutes of the half to give them two fantastic opportunities to score.
Generally w*ank in the second half whilst always retaining our option to throw it away in the last ten minutes by making defensive errors in crucial positions and giving them a chance to nick it.

Funny how people see it differently eh? I stand by my view that we dominated the game and should have won comfortably and if Sergio was fit and Bony wasn't shit we would have done

Listening to talkshite on the way home you'd think Leicester were the new Barcelona!! I saw an average team who's only tactic was to lump the ball up to Vardy who was very poor

They'll drop like a stone in the new year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.