Leicester post match thread

Leicester fan in peace here.

Just my tuppence worth after reading a few comments about us on here-

We had to change our style of play last night to try and nullify your threats. Vardy was isolated and it was indeed 'hoofball' for most of the time with him feeding off scraps really. We dropped the second striker to crowd out the midfield which work in our favour well really.

It was a scrappy game that was ugly on the eye, but it was also the first time I've seen us play like that all season so don't judge us on last night. We could have set up and played as we normally do and did against Arsenal. Look what happened to us then. The same would've happened last night. Horses for courses and all that.

Thought the tackle on Mahrez at the end of the first half was pretty bad as was Albrightons on your lads towards the end of the game. I think the ref was consistently poor for both sides and was surprised Huth wasn't sent off given his reputation sometimes and the fact that your lad went down like he'd been snipered.

More than happy with a point and 99% of our fans would've been too before the game.

1 more point required lol
Fair play to your team. They have a fantastic spirit and play with 100% effort at all times. I see no reason why you can't push for a European spot this season and it would be disrespectful to definitively rule you out of the title race given your position. There's a lot of football left to play and all I can say is if our team played with the same effort and intensity as yours then we would win this league. Good luck for the rest of the season until we next meet.

Happy with the point clean sheet and performance! We tired a little 2nd half but that was understanable the amount of effort put in first half if we can put that kind of performance/effort in from now till the end of the season I will be happy with players getting back to full fitness the goals will come! Also mangala and otamendi looked a whole lot better last night as pellers tactics didn't expose them which was a pleasant surprise!

We had to change our style of play last night to try and nullify your threats. Vardy was isolated and it was indeed 'hoofball' for most of the time with him feeding off scraps really. We dropped the second striker to crowd out the midfield which work in our favour well really.

It was a scrappy game that was ugly on the eye, but it was also the first time I've seen us play like that all season so don't judge us on last night. We could have set up and played as we normally do and did against Arsenal. Look what happened to us then. The same would've happened last night. Horses for courses and all that.

Thought the tackle on Mahrez at the end of the first half was pretty bad as was Albrightons on your lads towards the end of the game. I think the ref was consistently poor for both sides and was surprised Huth wasn't sent off given his reputation sometimes and the fact that your lad went down like he'd been snipered.

More than happy with a point and 99% of our fans would've been too before the game.

your manager set the team up how he thought best, which was possibily proved the correct decision.

best of luck for the rest of the season.

Fair play to your team. They have a fantastic spirit and play with 100% effort at all times. I see no reason why you can't push for a European spot this season and it would be disrespectful to definitively rule you out of the title race given your position. There's a lot of football left to play and all I can say is if our team played with the same effort and intensity as yours then we would win this league. Good luck for the rest of the season until we next meet.

your manager set the team up how he thought best, which was possibily proved the correct decision.

best of luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers. Likewise to you lot too.
They reckon around 60 points can see you into Europe. That's 21 more points from 19 more games, or slightly over a point a game. We achieved that last season despite us not winning a game for a period of about 3 months, so we're quietly hopeful, but Leicester are famous for doing things the hard way or completely fcuking it up!

They reckon around 60 points can see you into Europe. That's 21 more points from 19 more games, or slightly over a point a game. We achieved that last season despite us not winning a game for a period of about 3 months, so we're quietly hopeful, but Leicester are famous for doing things the hard way or completely fcuking it up!

lol i think it comes with the CITY.

I still wonder why the game changed after the break. We did controll the game for 40 mins but couldn't turn our possession into chances.
Maybe Pellers then tried to play a bit deeper to find some spaces up front but even that didn't work. Well Leicester was more active 2nd half but still we couldn't do it on the counter. Shame.
Pep knows how to let play around parked busses though. Anyway respect to Kun and Silva, they will get better soon.

Good post, certainly better than the troll earlier in the thread.

I actually thought Ranieri probably gave us a little too much respect, and it rather spoiled the game, but I fully understand why he did it. First time I've really watched you this season, other than short highlights, but you've some good players, and its not hard to see why you are where you are in the league. I thought Inler and Kanté in particular had good games, and your two CB's too.

I think a club like Leicester breaking into the top 4 would be very good for the PL, more so than say Spurs who've done it before, as it gives encouragement to everyone else, as Southampton and Swansea have recently shown, without actually breaking in, so good luck for the rest of the season, apart from against us.

I think a club like Leicester breaking into the top 4 would be very good for the PL, more so than say Spurs who've done it before, as it gives encouragement to everyone else, as Southampton and Swansea have recently shown, without actually breaking in, so good luck for the rest of the season, apart from against us.
Transfer period coming up will be crucial for a club like Leicester. If they can hold onto the likes of Mahrez, Vardy & Kante til the end of the season I see no reason why they shouldn't finish top 4 - maybe but not likely even be actual title contenders. Chelsea & Manure are leaving two top 4 places up for grabs, one likely to be for Spurs the other could well be Leicester's.

If you had looked at Manchester City's away form you would have found that we haven't won away since mid September.
We drew at Villa. Got beat by Stoke. Shipped 4 at Spurs. Kompany is injured. Silva and Aguero returning from injury.

You are above us in the league and in much better form as well so there was no need to be so conservative. It handed City the initiative and most Man City fans went from fearing the worst before the game, to being disappointed we didn't win after the game. I feel much better about Manchester City now than I did before.

Hope to see you in the Champions League in 2016 and hope we are there too! Everyone apart from maybe a few local clubs would like Leicester to do well. To do so I think you have to keep faith with the football that got you where you are.... No fear! Start holding on to what you have and the momentum will evaporate overnight.

Hope for you guys "bigger" clubs do not come in and take your players in summer. I for example would be against us going in for Vardy for no other reason than my personal sense of fair play.
I would hate for us to be Bayern mk2, see a threat, buy their players or Madrid with their scatter-gun approach.

Wish you guys the best for the rest of the season and would love to see you build up in summer not have to re-build etc due to forced sales.

Please please stay good and keep your boot on Utd's throat keeping them lower :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.