Leicester post match thread

So many rags at my local gloating... Couldn't even beat the chavs haha. We needed a goal when we were on top first half, though we were lucky Vardy bottled his one on one chance. 2nd half we both snuffed each other out. 3rd going into the new year isn't too bad only a win behind 1st. Overall was left with the feeling we are still lacking something to really penetrate some of the better sides(or just a reasonably well organised defense) in the league. Come on you blues onto Watford CTID!!!

so who is good enough to win this league and dont say arse or leicester
Why not say Arsenal, they have looked pretty good in quite a few games this season.
I didn't think tonights was a particularly poor performance but if we are going to win the league we need to be scoring more goals than we have been in the last couple of months and defending a lot better.
I am sure we can do it, I am not sure we will do it.

We move the ball at a snails pace when there are good chances for the counter attack. We used to be devastating on the break.

It's so obviously the cause of our shit away form.

We get away with it at home because we're always camped on the edge of the box.

I fucking hate watching us when we're away. There's no urgency at all. Even things like taking throw ins and free kicks, we just walk about - and Kolarov has the slowest walk ever.

Its definitely the most effort our players have put over 90 minutes this season. Can't ask for more effort.

Maybe so, but still not good enough, in the main their are 4 or 5 players not putting in more then 5/10 every week, and every week we look like we can't be arsed, every week. Some of these players need to realise that this is the last chance of them winning a trophy, it is staring at them in the face and they are too lazy or entitled to open their eyes. We need effort where composure fails and it isn't happening, and unbelievably for all our sense of can't be arsed it is all still to play for thanks to a few.

The Villa result still fucking gets under my skin all these weeks later.

They were absolutely there for the taking. Dog shit form, can't keep a clean sheet to save their life.

Off the back of the Sevilla result though Manuel goes with the same defensive 3 in midfield with Fernando - against a shit Villa side who'll sit back and not come at you like Sevilla?

Then Bony goes off early with an injury, and he snubs Kelechi to bring Navas on and puts Sterling (our worst finisher bar Navas) up front.

Then tries De Bruyne as a false nine. Both players miss a couple of sitters.

Brings Kelechi on with a few minutes to spare, stretches Villa well and makes an instant impact almost bagging an assist in injury time.

Games like that will win or lose you a title, and it's piss poor management that'll cost us if we don't.
No a bad return for the worst finisher is it,8/9 goals to date.

Funny how people see it differently eh? I stand by my view that we dominated the game and should have won comfortably and if Sergio was fit and Bony wasn't shit we would have done

Listening to talkshite on the way home you'd think Leicester were the new Barcelona!! I saw an average team who's only tactic was to lump the ball up to Vardy who was very poor

They'll drop like a stone in the new year
Exactly how I saw it. I'm disappointed after that that we didn't win and win easily. They gave us possession over and over again but our cutting edge just wasn't there. Start of the season and we score 4.

I thought we were below par again (better at Arsenal for me), and Leicester gave us a lot of respect, yet we still dominated, and should have won, too many chances missed again.

Positives

Clean sheet.
Mangala looked better, his best game in a while.
Sterling was OK.
Sagna had a decent game.

Negatives

Couldn't score away again.
Kolarov was awful.
KDB's passing.
Fernandhino's worst game for a while.
Bony.
Diving, Sergio, Sterling, and Otamendi tonight, Otamendi should be embarrassed.
We still look likely to concede at any moment.

We need to sort our form away from out, and we need to start taking more of our chances. Its no disaster considering where they are in the league, but we'd all have expected 3 points from this game in August, as we would the next, no games are easy, but the respect they gave us tonight, 3 points were there for the taking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.