Leicester post match thread

He`s not a striker but a midfielder.Bony is a worse finisher and he is a fucking striker !!!

Which is precisely my point. He should've been creating chances for a recognised striker, like Kelechi, rather than playing out of position as a lone striker.

Those kind of poor decisions will cost us over the course of a season.

I hope you're right, keeping my fingers crossed < I think the title race is still pretty open though I don't think Leicester will be in contention come April and certainly not in May.

its us or arsenal and we might have a gatecrasher that goes under the name of spurs other than that as bad as we are no one can live with us and i do'nt see arsenal doing the course, wenger will jiz himself on MOD and make a fool of himself if he has a chance of winning it in the final months

So why not blame the manager for poor tactics.No its easier to blame a young kid of 21.

Mate, are you even reading what I'm writing?

I am blaming Manuel, for not utilising his players correctly.

Sterling's finishing is a weakness to his game (we both agree there, right?), he shouldn't be played as a lone frontman when we have a more than capable recognised striker on the bench.

Good result, clean sheet.
Silva and aguero getting fitter
Still only 3 points off top.

Now need to go on a bit of a run and win 4/5 in a row.
Remember still got arsenal, Leicester, United, everton, Stoke and spurs at home
All in all not too bad.

Main problem is anyone wanting to win title should be on about 45 points.
This year no one is that good though.

Played alright in spells but Leicester were quite happy let us have the ball a lot of the time and once we got into the last third we were poor often.

We had the odd good chances and could have had a penalty. Nowt special though.

Leicester worked hard but are a very average side. How on Earth are they where they are? Although you could say the same about us, haha! Stoke Palace and West Ham are all miles better than Leicester though, just how are they where they are?

Teamwork.

I know we've had more than our fair share of injuries to key players, but the bottom line...

We're less than the sum of our parts and that's got to be down to Pellegrini.

Playing the long game.
I'm quite happy.
Beat the two ahead at home and we'll be clear.

Personally i was left frustrated with that game.

Positives = much more defensively sound than in previous fixtures, and sterlings workrate was great, depsite him needing to take the ball wide instead of cutting inside almost every time.

Negatives = than damned fast counter up to last 10 yards, then stop on ball and overthink every move...nothing is fluid and instinctive, and everything screams of one player trying to make the difference. It just plays out as one missed chance after another. In a word its insipid. Kev might miss a few balls etc, but you can see he's all about taking the chance and working things fast...the whole rest of the team are not on the same page imho, and would do well to get to grips with his style rather than the other way round.

Overall, given that in previous games its been shambolic at the back and insipid at the front, you'd have to say its genuine improvement shown. But i guess you could also argue that they didn't leave much forward so the defense had an easier time to offset this.

One thing is clear though above all, kelechi needs to start games from here on out...if he doesn't then pellers is clearly terrified of upsetting players, that's probably also why toure has started pretty much every game. I mean the lad offers everything compared to bony.

Thankyou for a very well balanced and thorough view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.