Leicester pre-match thread (29/12/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe so many have us down to struggle tonight.
Leicester are where they are on merit, for sure, but they're not that great. They have 2 players on their absolute top form, they count-attack well but the biggest reason I see for them being where they are is they take the small number of chances they create, their conversion rate is extremely high. We can dominate them possession wise and if we have defend properly I see a win. Think about the problems we can cause them and add in that they might just have some self doubt for the first time this season after the defeat by Pool and you'll see what I mean

Can't believe so many have us down to struggle tonight.
Leicester are where they are on merit, for sure, but they're not that great. They have 2 players on their absolute top form, they count-attack well but the biggest reason I see for them being where they are is they take the small number of chances they create, their conversion rate is extremely high. We can dominate them possession wise and if we have defend properly I see a win. Think about the problems we can cause them and add in that they might just have some self doubt for the first time this season after the defeat by Pool and you'll see what I mean
We haven't won away in the league for 3 months. It's hardly a surprise some think we will struggle.

Very good post,
Just can't see MP setting out a team to negate the opposition, so we could easily get beat because we will be predictable

The thing I don't like that I keep hearing from MP: 'We will continue to play the same way'

The thing I don't like that I keep hearing from MP: 'We will continue to play the same way'

He's an old guy, and he won't change,
I just wish he didn't set his stall out for all to see, from word go.
A clever manager would not be so bold as to provide the free homework for opposition managers, and a clever manager would not be so vain and self righteous (can't think of the word I mean) about his team playing attractive open football. A clever manager would put the needs of the club over his own ideologies, especially when they have come unstuck a little too often this season.
I think pellegrini was brought in to provide this 'attacking style', because the club needed a footballing style/identity, and the problem is now he won't drop it, it's like a mantra for him.

Bearing in mind our current shocking away form and the way that Leicester will swarm all over us from the word go, me-thinks the best team for tonight's purposes means leaving some of the best players on the bench. Start Navas & Sterling for width, work-rate and counter-attacking speed, even start Bony too for a bit of strength up-top. Play Fernandinho and Delph behind YaYa. Bring the boys on (KDB, Silva, Serge) when Leicester have blown themselves out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.