Leicester pre-match thread (29/12/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 and a half years of mp does that to you lol
i feel you. me I'm more of a chav sadly enough (sorry, it's a boyhood thing), and that whole mourinho era in spite of winning us a few trophees has left me quite miserable as well. mind you, not for the recent downfall in the league but because of how his insupportable arrogance has come to destroy the whole of chelsea's reputation - if ever it was good. at least pellers with his sheepish face is a bit more likeable.

i'm quite sympathetic to your club really, even if that has a lot to do with two of my favourite players (Belgians) being there Kompany & De Bruyne.

Thing is we need a shetload of chances for a ball to finally go in for us (away from home)
While teams against us are much more clinical with their chances (arsenal/stoke)

Exactly. For me, that's the key problem, not our defence. Generally, the defence fouls up once a game, maybe twice. The rest of the team fouls up in front of goal far more often. If we could up that conversion rate, we'd be winning most of the games we're losing and Pellegrini would be under far less pressure.

Exactly. For me, that's the key problem, not our defence. Generally, the defence fouls up once a game, maybe twice. The rest of the team fouls up in front of goal far more often. If we could up that conversion rate, we'd be winning most of the games we're losing and Pellegrini would be under far less pressure.

I'd love to see our current conversion rate this season compared to the one when we had the Neguero partnership

As per our past record, we cant defend for s*it. So IMO, we can only win if we go all out attacking and outscore them.

-------------------------------Hart--------------------------------------

----Sagna----------Mangala---------Otamendi----------Kolarov---

------------Yaya----------------------Fernandinho--------------------

KDB-----------------------Silva--------------------------Sterling

--------------------------Aguero-------------------------------------

Score: 3-2 to us.

As per our past record, we cant defend for s*it. So IMO, we can only win if we go all out attacking and outscore them.

-------------------------------Hart--------------------------------------

----Sagna----------Mangala---------Otamendi----------Kolarov---

------------Yaya----------------------Fernandinho--------------------

KDB-----------------------Silva--------------------------Sterling

--------------------------Aguero-------------------------------------

Score: 3-2 to us.

We're gonna score 1 more than you...

Totally agreed.

This high defensive line is shite and killing us.

Lets have everybody drop back and defend 10 yards or so outside our box with two defensive midfielders in front of the back four.

Then set our attack (balanced) up to play counter attack on them.

We'll win the match if we do that I'm convinced.

Easier said than done because as possession side the team without the ball are told to defend in there own half or even the final third, so as a team who has a lot of possession you have to tell the players NOT to move out of our own half with that possession football.

I wouldn't play yaya he,s a liability in that position he lets who ever he is supposed to be marking run passed him ie orzil ! Then he cant get back so the back 4 are right init !would rather have delth in thare ?

Bearing in mind our current shocking away form and the way that Leicester will swarm all over us from the word go, me-thinks the best team for tonight's purposes means leaving some of the best players on the bench. Start Navas & Sterling for width, work-rate and counter-attacking speed, even start Bony too for a bit of strength up-top. Play Fernandinho and Delph behind YaYa. Bring the boys on (KDB, Silva, Serge) when Leicester have blown themselves out.

This is a joke post yeah?

Not playing your best players in possession of the football against one of the league best counter attacking sides has to be a joke, funny guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.