Leicester v City (League Cup) Pre match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of Pellegrini, but if he doesn't play any youth in this match then it will go against everything that City said about moving in a new direction and looking towards the future. I think you can always say 'but this game is important because...' and find excuses to play our first XI, but I think it's high time we saw Guidetti, Lopes and others get some game time. Dzeko will be off at the end of the season so let's not try and appease him when we're in danger of losing our most prized assets for the future. And if it does start to go pear-shaped then let's have a decent bench with game changers to come on in the second half.

Paulski said:
I'm a fan of Pellegrini, but if he doesn't play any youth in this match then it will go against everything that City said about moving in a new direction and looking towards the future.

I would agree with you if this weren't the QF's with the rags potentially lurking if we go through tonight.

Al Jazeera sport is streaming the game live (they have almost every city game), one can sign up using a VPN service (its geoblocked to the middle east) if you're willing to pay.

Hart Zaba Boyata Lescott Kolarov Garcia Rodwell Milner Navas Jovetic Dzeko

Bench: Panti Demichellis Leigh Yaya Nasri Lopes Guidetti

Pam said:
Paulski said:
I'm a fan of Pellegrini, but if he doesn't play any youth in this match then it will go against everything that City said about moving in a new direction and looking towards the future.

I would agree with you if this weren't the QF's with the rags potentially lurking if we go through tonight.

Our problem is that if we don't play one of Silva, Nasri or Yaya we lose nearly all of our creativity. We still try to play the same style but without the players to make it work. It becomes very ponderous as at Newcastle before Silva came on.

cibaman said:
Pam said:
Paulski said:

Our problem is that if we don't play one of Silva, Nasri or Yaya we lose nearly all of our creativity. We still try to play the same style but without the players to make it work. It becomes very ponderous as at Newcastle before Silva came on.

you can start with 2nd string, if it doesnt work can always bring on one or 2 big guns, at least theres options that way.

Hard to say who will be in the defensive four as we need to rest Zaba now, but Micah is out. Kolarov and Lescott will surely participate, then I think I would have a go with Boyata on the right and Kompany as Joleon's pair. Demichelis played too many games in the last few weeks.

Is Lopes in the squad? I know he played against WBA in the EDS, it would be great to see him play tonight though, but now that we have Silva healthy, Navas and Milner should play too. Another idea is to play Garcia as a CB, although it can be dangerous even against a Champ side. :) Then Kompany may rest and play Milner as a CM.

I'm really looking forward to see Jovetic. He started his first 10 minutes against Newcastle in the Leage Cup brilliantly, since then we didn't see him play.

Would love to see at least 1-2 youth players. U18 team doing great in the league, the older guys did well in the youth CL a bit of chance for them to play around only 45 minutes in the first team could be great for them.

Surely if we go trough and a top PL team is the next then youth players have even less chance to sit on bench...

Soton did put in 2or 3 18 year old youth players against us and they outplayed us in some periods clearly. Give the youth a chance. So far I dont think Pellegrini played any of them even for 1 minute apart from maybe in the summer friendly games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.