Leicester v City post match

It's been said that Peps methods burn out the players after a few seasons.

This is his third at City.....

Pep has said that himself and it’s clearly a contributing factor, however the World Cup and injuries I believe have been far bigger factors. We haven’t been able to give extended rest periods to any player really, especially in midfield and right back. Our only natural left back is injured and will be for a while so we’re really suffering.

This season reminds me so much of Peps first season, we need 6 chances to score a goal and the opposition score anything on target, both situations also conincide with our full backs being out of form, it's no coincidence.
Yes I agree, we do seem remarkably unlucky with these long range shots flying in, 3/3 in 2 games, its a bit ridiculous, but we should concentrate on the piss poor defending leading up to them, usually from our FB's, so its not simply bad luck, we're creating it by defending badly.

Heady cocktail of form fitness and luck against us at the moment

One glimmer for me is that IF we can get our best 11 on the pitch we beat anyone....big IF at moment

Wonder if we will try and prioritise the cup competitions now? Shame if we do with half a season left.

Doubt we will see anyone come in this window

Out of the title race in December.

The most frustrating thing is that it was entirely predictable months ago. Failure to sign a left-sided fullback and defensive midfielder have cost us dearly already.

And this bad spell is far from over yet. Teams have sussed out how to stop our wingers, which is the only avenue through which we can attack without a proper left-sided fullback.

Delph was at fault again today for their first goal. We had the numerical advantage and should have been able to deal with the counterattack, but he is ball-watching and has zero awareness of the only threat to our goal, which is behind him.

Without Fernandinho we’re vulnerable every time on the counterattack. Gundogan is no fitting substitute for him. We have no adequate backup in this position and the club knew this but gambled on the hope that they could get away with it for another season.

We’re extremely fortunate that Chelsea slipped up last weekend, or our position would be even more precarious.
Their first goal was a foul on Danilo that wasn’t given by that idiot in the middle

And from joke players as well. Andros Fucking Townsend, Jeffrey Schlupp and Ricardo Pereira. And not to mention Alex Fucking Oxlade-Chamberlain
And Leon Osman or did I imagine that?

Some top class bedwetting on here, tonight

KDB hardly played for 4 months, unfit
Silva D coming back from a knock, unfit
Likewise Aguero, unfit
Fernandino out

Any team will miss these players.
Get them firing, and we'll be back up there

7 behind with 19 to go, is far from impossible. We've done 8 behind, with 6 left, before
All our big games are at home, now.

Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring

We have enough on that pitch in both Pallace & Liescester to win or at the least don't fucking loose.

If we can't win the game we have to get a point not throw it away.

This is going back to Peps 1st season after 10 games we started to miss chance after chance or not give that last quality pass, then we conceed after 1 then second attack.

I agree we have players just coming back but fuck me Ederson isn't getting a sniff to save anything it's to easy getting through.

Probably the biggest 2 games of our season coming up & they are 100% must win games.

Liverpool will now set up not to loose & counter attack Arsenal & City & if we defend like we have then it's going to be a long night.

We need to batten down the hatches & go back to basics.

Confidence is low Inc us fans.

Come on Pep everyone is behind you..

We seem to be just floating crosses in at the moment. It’s clearly a tactic but fuck knows why as it’s not working and goes against everything we have done so well in the last 18 months.
Been doing that little chipped ball into the box since the derby, presumably trying to replicate our third goal. With fuck all success I hasten to add.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.