Leicester v City post match

If you don't inject good quality each year preferably each transfer window you are going to struggle to meet your goals especially when your spine has been around for a number of years.

Of course long term injuries don't help but our squad clearly doesn't have the depth nor the fortitude to turn possession into enough goals week in week out to come out on top when we are pressured like we have with lets face it opposition we should be beating comfortably.

It will happen far too often to win the title this year , its over as Roy Orbison said.

Its a matter of keeping at least one of Chelsea and Arsenal at bay both of whom are closer to us than we are to the summit and whether the ageing legs of some of our stalwarts can keep going long enough to hold them out assuming Manure whom I always thought had a good squad but were not well managed don't get on a run.

4-5 players of real quality into the side next season in the positions where we are sadly lacking at present and we could be the force we were last season again in the premiership at least unless Foden and one or two others from the academy take the next step.

Last two games both teams have lined up 4-5-1 and as soon as we win the ball they drop to 18 yard line with the back 4. Then they drop the midfield 5 5/10 yards in front of them. This allows the midfield players to double and triple up against our wide players with no room in behind for Sergio to attack. We are then pushing on and teams hit on the break. Allbrighten goal was a nothing goal if Delph gets close but he took his eye off him.
We are now trying to force games rather than playing relaxed. This means we are over hitting things and taking extra touches. Our midfield two either side of Gundogan put right up nearly along side Sergio and this means soon as we lose the ball we are chasing back and leaving central mid open.
We need Fern, Merlin and KDB to fire on all cylinders from here on.
It's not over, teams in second half will play this way against LFC too so hopefully they can start to stutter too. Spurs squad not deep enough I don't think to kick on in all the competitions still in and will fall away I feel especially once move in to WHL again.

So many star players are out of form. Have seen Gundo criticised but Sterling, Sane and Kun were abysmal up front. We looked like headless chickens.

We’ve blown a good lead, an “unassailable” goal difference and even let Spurs past us, all in the space of about 3 weeks.

Fcukity fcuk.

All the more reason to remain positive. If it can happen to City, then it can happen to those rancid ****s on Merseyside.

Kevin apart, when we struggle against the various buses, we don't seem to be able deliver a vicious shot on target from outside the area.

Some one to come in and do possibly the hardest job in the team, maybe from a different country, in January and to play Peps way virtually from the off. I know what you mean but that will take some doing and I can't think of anyone.. Last summer was the time.
Holding midfield is perhaps the most difficult position on the pitch. It's a sort of slightly advanced version of the sweeper of decades gone by - has to protect the back four, put out fires, break up play and give the ball to the creative midfielders as well as covering the space vacated by wing backs or overlapping full backs. In Fernandinho, he does everything well, wins the ball, passes superbly, is creative in his own right, carries the ball and hits a tremendous shot. Only the super fit can do that job. You cannot expect anyone to come in and do all those things immediately.

I think it’s a but simplistic to says its all down the full backs. First and foremost, we have had a ridiculous number of injuries to key players. Even though KDB was back today it’s was clear he is not fully match fit. We are really missing Fernandinho. He is the glue that hold this team together and allows players like Merlin, Sterling, Sane and Bernie the freedom to be creative.Equally, we are really missing Merlin. He is the player whe creates the space and makes the killer passes to get the wingers in behind the opposition defence.

Our opponents have started doubling and tripling up on Sane and Sterling and are effectively cutting off the supply lines to Sergio, who is seeing nothing of the ball.

With regard to the fullbacks, we seem to have stopped sending them forward on the overlap , which was a significant attacking weapon. It doesn’t help that our fullbacks are not great defenders.

Even though though we have spent a lot of time on top of the league and scored a lot of goals, I don’t think we’ve really got into top gear that often this season. I don’t know why, it may be the World Cup effect.

I am not concerned about losing a couple of games, what does bother me is that we are now 7 points behind Liverpool and I just can’t see them dropping that many points the way they are playing.
One or two on here disagree with me. We had more players than any club at the World Cup. They came back looking fresh and barely had a break. I wonder whether the lack of a break for many of our players is now catching up with them.

No more stupid floating crosses ... Somebody tell the City boys Dzeko left sometime ago FFS.

Also why are we trying to walk the ball in the net, the number of times we have an extra pass or touch too many is f*cking rediculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.